How to let go of anger?

I'm so hateful, and angry, and bitter towards this world and about so many things. I hate humans in general for the rather shitty way I've been treated for the majority of my life. I hate myself for being so mentally unstable and volatile, and for my depression. I hate the people in my high school for being either morons or assholes. I hate people and their stupid worthless relationships, I hate how girls have lead me on and made me hate myself even more and destroyed my confidence, and hate how guys picked on me, basically in environments where they knew I couldn't fight back, like the cowards they are. Apparently I'm not supposed to hate everyone, but, how could I not? Outside of friends and family, the only humans I don't hate are those that either suffer at the hands of other humans, or the ones that other humans pretend don't exist, like kids trapped in awful conditions or the homeless, outside of them most people are very scummy, in my opinion. How do I stop being so, just, filled with anger at them? I don't know to, and, the angry I get the worse my mental state and depression get. Honestly, if my anger were alive it'd burn the world. How do I stop being so angry?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is going to sound bad but it works.

Everybody in the world, except your family, doesn't care about you. Your feelings don't matter to them and they won't do anything to help you. Whether they interact with you or ignore you, your happiness is the furthest thing from their minds. This is all right. There are too many people in the world for it to be any other way. People choose their actions without your feelings and desires in mind and this is normal.

Also, life is unfair. It always has been and always will be. Railing against the unfairness has never made it less unfair in the past and it never will in the future. The practical effect of this unfairness is that you will sometimes see people succeed or fail mostly by luck. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Make your way through the world expecting nothing in return for the nice things you do and don't intentionally make others unhappy. Be as prepared as you can be to take advantage of things you want to do when the opportunities arise. Take precautions when you're doing something risky, and realize that failure is always an option.

The world is impersonal but it doesn't hate you.

• That kinda makes me hate them more

• No, I know most people don't hate me, it's that most people, even most people I know, I'm worth nothing to, no friends, nothing, and because of that I wish they'd all die, all the humans, I hate them because of that.

• It's also knowing that people treat me shit despite not even hating me, because that's how humans are, pathetic disgusting, mindless selfish bullies. It's in their nature to hurt and destroy.

What Girls Said 2

• well in my opinion in my life, other than friends family or people struggling with adversity by conditions imposed on them, or those fighting against it, most people ARE assholes. you sound pretty normal to me.

but i guess the rage can hurt you so maybe see someone for that. thats a lot of powerful energy should be used for good... harness it productively.

• Well, when at this point you wish you had superpowers so that you could lose self control...

• Realize that the world isn't perfect and you being angry won't solve anything. Maybe get a hobby that you're really passionate about, or adopt a pet.

What Guys Said 4

• Embrace bitter snark and sarcasm. It makes you impossible to get along with, but it makes it really hard for you to get angry. That's how I get through the day.

• Did you go to the therapist or nah?

• Well, we mostly talk about fucking college and grades even though I don't give a shit about them in terms of my issues, thou that's my parents fault, they told him to. I just now started telling him how volatile I actually am.

• The n my mother would be even angrier, considering she's specifically told me not to get my therapist to get me medication. She has this crazy idea that I'll be worse if I take meds then if I just steadily grow crazy. Cuz I guess dead by my own hands beats on meds for a long time.

• Well your mother can think whatever she wants but she is not a doctor I guess so she doesn't have knowledge about meds more than the doctor who spent his life studying them, and why would you be scared if she gets angry? She will get angry for an hour then she will calm down? She isn't gonna kill you for asking the therapist to convince them to take you to a doctor.

• By watching some humanity restored articles and videos

When I look at the news... I lose hope in humans overall, but sometimes on the internet I see good things that we do, it's small, but it's enough

• It's the internet that forms most of my hatred. It convinced me that, while the people I know in real life are horrible... so are most other people.

• Then I only know about two or three.

• I'm sorry to hear that.
      Maybe you should talk to a therapist about this, because the anger is slowly consuming you

• I know that feel bro i suggest you watch some motivational videos and try to stay positive