An elbow strike to the diaphragm disables someone even if they're stronger and bigger?

I end up doing this in an ugly situation last year (along with my high heels stepping right on his foot), which I really hope doesn't happen again.
Took me several seconds to realize I wasn't being followed. Didn't think that had such an impact as to be suddenly let go. Mind you but this was someone around 6'1 at most.

I'm still just barely 5'6, still trying to figure out how was that impacting or was it also the combination of stepping at his foot (I did it as hard as I could obviously).

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I wouldn't say it would 'Disable' them, It would just really fuckin hurt for a few seconds, Obviously if you absolutely twatted it then you would probably break something, Which would disable them.

Your best bet, Is to punch someone lightly in the neck, Not so hard that it damages, But not to gentle. If you hit them in the neck, It 'Winds' people (They loose their breath), And will naturally make someone want to curl over and choke. If you hit too hard though you could cause their Adams apple to puncture their Juggula or something, Which is fuckin nasty ;/

• The second type of defense though it's a good one, it would suck if I were to find myself in another ugly situation and in my total panic don't realize I did it too hard. I have to say, I can't really feel sorry for whatever physical repercussion happens to potential rapists. I didn't feel sorry at all for what happened to my would-be rapist. They put themselves in that position by trying to rape in the first place.

• Yeah, I didn't realise the situation, I mean, If someone is just getting a bit too close and not backing off, Then try not to seriously harm them, But, If they are tryna rape you (and i dont just mean overly flirty or anything, I mean, Grabbing you / pulling your clothes) then yeah, fuck their shit up xD

What Guys Said 5

• that's good to know. I usually set it up with a left jab, right cross.

• Before you try to learn disabling moves, think a bit about the situation you are in. You can disable someone that way, but remember they are at your back. A kick might be better.
    Take a personal defense class. When able consider getting a real weapon. A woman can not in most cases overpower a male attacker.

• yeah, was thinking about a handgun or maze. Thanks

• A handgun is by far the best. Just learn how to use one. They are really quite easy and quite safe. Then buy the best gun you can afford. Stick with SigSauer or Glock, my 2 cents worth... Best of luck

• If you hit the diaphragm in right place, he will be floored but keys to the eyes are still best.

• good idea about the keys

• Well good to know that self defense exists

• was desperate to get out of the situation. I was always told to go for the balls but that's easy said than when you're really faced with the situation and have to do something. Had no time at all to even think about that.

• true and well it would be very hard trying to go for the balls when being surprised from behind, totally different position than what I was told

• Yes i know what ya mean

• deffo would fuck them up

• wow.. thanks. I did that by a pure reaction at the moment. I was always told to try going for the balls but I really didn't have time to think at all.

• a complete stranger surprising me from behind with definite 100% intention on raping me

• Then fucking disable him

What Girls Said 1

• yeah it does

• thanks... that was just my reaction. I would always get tell to go for the balls but I didn't have time to think. I just did that.