If power corrupts, and knowledge is power then does that mean knowledge is corruption?

Most Helpful Girl

• Knowledge is only corrupt when you have no wisdom. Wisdom is the use of knowledge. If you are not wise then you'll use your knowledge for power only which will then make it corruption.

What Guys Said 14

• Well, it certainly can be, in the case of insider trading, for example. But I think the Bible has it right in 1 Timothy 6:10, an often misquoted verse. "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil."

It is avarice, not money or power that corrupts. But if you have any greed in your heart, money and power will surely reveal it.

• *Mind blown* :-O

• That sounds like the definition of insider trading to me

• This is that false deductive reasoning we learned about in math class.

• I wish this quote would stop being misquoted. "Absolutely power corrupts absolutely" is not "power corrupts".

• knowledge itself isnĀ“t power... only knowledge combined with the desire to gain power and a malevolent character leads to corruption.

• Everyone's a little corrupt here and there. We're all like a year old save file on Skyrim.

• No it's the people and their choice on what to do with that power that's corruption sometimes

• Knowledge is useless with out the wisdom to use it.
    If this were true the internet would rule the world.

• Lol clever :D

• It's a good way to see it. Yes, I think you're right.

• Only if you use that knowledge for power.

• yes, if its not godly knowledge... . mundane kowledge is impure and prideful... .

• Yea knowledge corrupts sometimes

What Girls Said 6

• No. If you have knowledge you know better than getting corrupted. History teaches us that corruption shall be overthrown sooner or later...

• False analogy - power does not inevitably corrupt, God forbid.

• Only when limited to the sole pursuit of power

• I'm assuming so.

• it could be but not exactly

• Knowlege doesn't give you power- wisdom does

Power only corrupts those who are corruptable.