Why do some people get freckles and others don't?

I've always had freckles along my cheekbones and some on my nose & I have no idea why. I don't spend that much time in the sun and I know a lot of my friends who have more exposure to the sun and they have none :) It might seem like an obvious answer but is it just a specific skin type that is more susceptible to freckles? Thanks in advance for answering & also to the guys out there are freckles unattractive? :) Thanks again

Most Helpful Guy

• Just Genetics really, One of those that's the luck of the draw when you're born ;P.
    Like, Me and my mother never had freckles, But my sister and dad get them in the sun.
    I don't know, Just the Raw hand you were dealt upon your birth?, Don't worry tho dude, Most dudes find Freckles cute! :P

• Thanks for answering :) Apparently you're the only one who took my question seriously, lol :) :P

• Aww, you just made my day by saying that, lol :) Greatly appreciated!

• No worries dude, all the best :P

What Guys Said 3

• Sensitivity to the sun I guess.

• Ask God. . .

• I don't think he has a direct phone number to reach him at but thanks for answering, lol :) :P

• genetics.. . . .

What Girls Said 1

• Due to genetics.

• Thanks :) Do you get freckles? :)

• Do you mind it? :) I kind of like mine but always wondered if guys like them too :)

• I only have them during summer, during winter they fade. I like them. I consider them part of my charm and you should accept them too :p.