What if you found out that tomorrow Nasa found a way to achieve faster then light travel and where sending an expedition into space within 1 year?

Basically they've perfected the Alcubierre Drive to achieve faster then light travel by expanding and compromising space time to create a "wave" that an air craft can ride, allowing for speeds 10+ times the speed of light. Basically spacetime behind the aircraft pushes you foward while at the same time space time in front of you comprises to where you're going, so if you were going to the sun all the space time from there to the sun would compromise and form behind you literally pushing you there.

And they said they need volunteers to join but warned you YOU MAY NOT RETURN, would you venture into the vast unknown?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (Explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's impossible to reach speed of light with mass but anyway, if my mom was passed away (cos i'd ruin her if i leave her forever), i'd join that project. When you travel at speed of light, time stops and you blink billions of years passed. I'd like to live this.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 5

• I might. let me weigh out my options here on this shitty planet.. OH WAIT I SO WOULD!

• WHEN DO I LEAVE ?
    To be the first to see the unknown to chart the frontier! Fuck yes !

I sure wish they do manage to get one working though for real. Obviously I won't be selected because I will be very old by the time they do but oh boy I wish I could see it take off.
    Just imagine, From one end of the GALAXY to the other in less than a month.
    Like a cruise ship.
    Colonies would be child's play after this.

• turn down da offer... sorry

• good for them.

• Sure, I would go, no problem ;)