I can´t feel my emotions the same way I did before.3 years of depression and medicines doesn't work. How do you make the depression disappear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately depression doesn't just disappear, it takes a lot of time and effort to get better. And that's where a lot of people get stuck, they don't have the energy to help themselves or the belief that they can.
    If meds aren't working then I would give them up if I were you. Try the natural things like exercise, healthy diet, regular sleep patterns, maybe meditation if you're into that sort of thing. Join social groups, be around happy people, do things that you like. Go out in the sun and just enjoy it. Go and see a counsellor who you feel comfortable talking to about feelings and emotions.
    Most importantly, don't give up, and don't get even more depressed about being depressed. Don't even think of this as "battling depression", think of it as "achieving happiness". Simple things like switching your negative thoughts to positive can make a huge difference. And remember it takes 21 days minimum to form a new habit, so don't worry if its hard to keep up "happy practices" and you find yourself being negative. Just acknowledge it and think positive.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Mind control

• How about this; get off gag and go ask a doctor

• I feel for you, same exact thing here!!

• This is really a question for a trained, certified mental health professional. GAG really isn't the place to look for treatment... if you're really serious.

• I just trying to get advice from people who have been feeling the same way as i do and have managed to get out of it. Being depressed without knowing how to get out of it can be pretty hard and the longer time passes by the more frustrated you become becuse of the symptoms of having no feelings.