Any blogging tips?

So I want to start a blog, an art blog like some people have been talking about on here, where everyone can submit pictures and have them shown. I can draw, but I'm not a good blogger, so are there any tips that could help me and other people who are out there and interested on how to write a "good" blog?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all you want a good layout.

Google Blogger is a good place to start. It's free. They have good templates which you can use to suit your preferences.

Do you have a scanner, most modern printers have them included? If you scan your drawing you can use them as JPEG/PNG picture files. It'll look better that way. Rather than a picture of it using your phone.

Obviously, punctuation and grammar is key role. But, I can tell you already have that locked down. Also, you wanna make it appealing.

I'm not the best with blogging, but I have dabbled a little in it on my Media course.

https://www.blogger.com

I hope I helped a little, all the best! :')

What Guys Said 2

• u can post yer drawings there then... no?

• If you want to start serious blogger won't be enough and If you're 100% serious about that I recommend wordpress + paid domain name and hosting.

It's like 60$ / year (domain + hosting) domain is like www.artblogergirl.com ... Hosting is something that saves all data from that domain to host.

Why to go to wordpress? Because of plugins, good support, professional themes etc..

Why to have own domain and hosting because it's 24/7 online, you're more visible and if you use free domain you get like www.artblogergirl.blogspot.com (people won't remember that long domain name)

7 Reasons Why You Should Not Use Free Web Hosting
    - 1. You don’t own your site.
    2. Advertising
    3. Lack of credibility
    4. Search engines wont’ like your site as much
    5. Lack of flexibility in design and functionality.
    6. Lack of help and support options (if any)
    7. Free web hosting is notoriously unreliable.
    Just copy paste from some site
    ------

1. You don’t own your site.

When you don’t own your own site, you have no power over its existence or presence. The company can decide to take away your free-dom any time. Your site can be removed for many reasons.

2. Advertising

When you use free webhosting, you are paying for it by allowing the host to place advertisements on your website. You will have banners and/or pop-up ads on your homepage and/or all of your pages. You will have no control over the kind of ads that show up on your site or how they show up on your website. While there are free hosts that does not force advertising, they tend to close down with alarming frequency due to lack of revenue.

When you have your own website, you can even make money from placing your own advertising.

3. Lack of credibility

Let’s face it, you are telling the world that you are cheap and small fry. For less than $10 per month you can own your own hosting, and for as low as $10 a year you can have your own domain name. Â If you are hosting your business on yourbusiness. freesite. com instead of yourbusiness. com, it tells your potential customers that you don’t take your business all that seriously.

It’s not just the visitors to your website, but the search engines will also not take you quite as seriously.

Your website will be limited by what templates the free webhosting company offer you. Often you won’t be able to change look and feel easily, change layout, or add interactive features...

What Girls Said 1

• blog every day and make sure you are passionate about it!