Did I overreact by calling an ambulance?

I had an allergic reaction to something and got various skin symptoms, felt a bit shaky and had a strong heartbeat. I called an ambulance and had an ecg in hospital but there was no problem. Did I overreact?

Most Helpful Guy

• An allergic reaction can be lethal. You didn't overreact.

• But when the doctor said I'm normal I felt like I made a big fuss over nothing.

• An allergic reaction can kill.

What if you were driving and went into shock? You'd be endangering other people on the road, yourself included.

Christ, dude, just be happy it was nothing serious.

• Then that's serious.

What Girls Said 5

• Do you have diagnosed allergies? Do you carry an epi pen?

• Yes and no.

• Have you talked about anaphylaxis with your dr before? I don't really have skin reactions so I'm just trying to understand the logic for them.

• No it was okay!

• No you did not know what was going on and scared.

• Trust me its better for the doctor to say you are fine than for you to assume you are fine.

• no you didn't but kinda funny :)

• i dont think you did.

What Guys Said 8

• No I don't think you did. You had no idea what was going on or how serious it was.

• Yeah it might feel like that but the truth is you did not know that before you went to see a medical professional. It was the right thing to do to call an ambulance in that situation.

• If it's affecting your heart then no , this is a clear case of better safe than sorry

• Could it not be a clear case of do not call an ambulance unless it's a life threatening emergency?

• Well no but the emts who arrived said all vital signs were normal but they can't actually recommend that patients don't get transported to hospital to see a doctor because only a doctor can make the final call on whether it's safe to release the patient from hospital.

• We'll the fact that you could tell something wasn't right by how you know you normally feel is an indicator that a professional opinion was needed to determine safe to go home or stay for treatment

• No always be cautious when it comes to your health

• Nope , any allergy reaction could cost someone their life
    you did what was right..

• I know how you feel just hope you feel better.

• They only get mad when you call 911 cause the tv quit working.

• maybe a little

• no, not at all. better safe than sorry

• its still not an over reaction

• Yeah only call an ambulance for life threatening emergencies

• That's what I thought after but at the time I wasn't sure what was going on.