Why can't many people accept the fact that good looking males and females get hired more?

Many times when I talk to people about this, they are in denial. It is like 35% of people that I talk to about this are in denial. It's not an opinion of mine. It is a fact!! Look it up. What is it with people being in denial about things?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely true. Who is trying to tell you otherwise?

• Some people who tell me,''No people don't get hired for their looks. they get hired for what qualities they have.''

• Oh the way I look. That is just a pic. I have a regular face usually. Just because I look like that in the pic doesn't mean I look like that all the time lol.

• Ok, good, because it's intimidating.

What Girls Said 3

• You're on and on and on about this thing all the time...
    Yes, it's true.

• Haha I got hired on the spot at my job interview. And after being hit on by at least 2 customers per shift I kinda realized why. I get amazing tips and customers love me. I asked my friend why he thinks this is thinking it was weird and he told me Straight up that I'm fucking hot and people like that, it makes me easier to talk to, and their over priced coffee worth buying... And judging from the other girls I work with it's defiantly a thing.

• @Irish_cutie so you think the person who hired you, hired you because they know you would be good for business or do you think they hired you, so they can flirt with you themselves?

• well my boss now calls me his daughter so I think it would be kinda creepy if it was because he is hitting on me. But I also noticed that after my boss does interviews with people he writes down what they were wearing, what they looked like and how they were during the interview. So I think people look for a lot more than just looks but looks does have something to do with it too

• Alright. What do I do to get a job?

• Just keep the study link in your favorites and send it along anyone wants to be stupid. Then you can walk away with the satisfaction they're being willfully ignorant and stupid.

What Guys Said 5

• Well of course it's true. Furthermore, good looking people tend to climb up the corporate ladder faster.

As to why some people can't accept it, I believe because it's an (other) unfair aspect of life, and some people just don't want to accept the unfairness of life.

• It is actually true. People attribute good qualities to better looks. It is a common psychological thing, and just knowing that the person is attractive without actually knowing them alters how you behave towards them.

• I am still not sure that happens

• It's illegal to hire for that reason

• It's illegal but it happens a lot.

• Lmao. They might have made it illegal but honestly who boss do you know is going to walk up to you and say "you're hot, you're hired!" Or "I love your resume but not your face, sorry but get out!" ... They can easily say it's for a million and one different reasons than that one

• Irish_cutie said it best.

• It's true I agree