Girls, Should I join cheer?

I'm a sophomore and in the beginning of the school year, there are JV try outs. I need to work on my jumps and stretch out a ton. If any of you are in cheer, is it worth it? Any advice?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• It's worth it, especially if the coach is great and the girls are nice.

I really enjoyed cheering, I say go for it :)

You can make so many friends, and go to fun cheer camps, practice and learn new dances and get fit. It's a great way to build up teamwork and push yourself for a common goal.

:)

Best!

What Girls Said 11

• If it's what you want, go for it. Just remember that you are not the sum of your accomplishments and that it's totally ok if you don't get in. It's totally okay and amazing if you do.

• Sure, go for it. Live without regrets! Especially during high school and college. I never did cheer but at my school during senior year they let anyone who showed up join. Which was terrible because the girls only wanted the title of cheerleader but never showed up for practice.

• Yes of course!

• Cheer is fun. You get to wear a cute uniform and get to go to all the games. And I go to a small school so cheer isn't a bug thing.

• Never been in cheer in high school but did go to cheer camp which was fun. You should def. try out! I regret not trying out in high school.

• Yes do it! I absolutely loved doing cheer it was so much fun and I had a blast

• Also for flexibility I recommend the Bruce sistaz Flexy Friday on YouTube they're awesome

• Thanks for telling me about the Bruce Sistaz, I looked them up and I'm definitely going to start doing their stretches!

• I live them they helped me get my needle back

• No advice but do it! You only live once :) Yoga is great for stretching so give that a try. It will make you flexible if you stay with it.

• Yes try it! I regretted not trying out in high school. Its my last year already, so kinda too late.

• Cheer was the best years of my life.

• Sure if you want

• I'm a rhythmics gymnast. I've never joined cheer before as there isn't any in my previous school and now that I just moved over I'm still too shy to try out anything yet.