Are there scholarships for being Caucasian?

I asked this question because a friend of mine was talking about getting a scholarship for being Hispanic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, there have been scholarships specifically for Caucasians, although I think they're fairly rare.

That said, "Caucasian students receive a disproportionately greater share of merit-based institutional grants, with Caucasian students receiving 75.5% of merit-based institutional grants despite representing only 61.8% of the student population. Minority students, on the other hand, receive 24.4% of merit-based institutional grants, even though they represent 38.0% of the student population. Caucasian students are almost twice as likely to receive institutional merit-based grants as minority students."

"Minority students receive a higher share of need-based institutional grants (45.0% of need-based institutional grants vs. 38.0% of the student population) because they are more likely to have lower income than Caucasian students."

www.finaid.org/.../20110902racescholarships.pdf

What Girls Said 9

• Hmm, highly doubt it.

• I don't think so.

• Yes there's scholarships for pretty much everything...

• Have a high i. q. and think fast.

• lollll maybe in 😂😂

• I don't think so

• never heard of that before

• I could get a scholarship because of my naturally black hair, and height (6'1") I'm sure you can get one on characteristics and I'm Caucasian as well

• Nope. White privilege and all...

What Guys Said 9

• I never heard of that

• No because black lives matter and if you are Caucasian, affirmative action says that you have been to privledged to enjoy a scholarship even though that's who invented it. So you either have to be black because they have been oppressed all these years and are gods chosen people. Anyone else is lesser and must continue to fluff thief ego and grant special privledges and advantages to them.

• Haha!
    ... No.

• If you wanted to go to school in an Asian country perhaps

• Nah dude if your parents can't afford to send you to college you will have to get a job. But if you identify as black or hispanic and get some dreadlocks and get the darkest tan possible that might work.

• Some would argue that life itself is a scholarship for Caucasian.

• Bahahahahahahaa

• May be :/ or may be not

• Are there scholarships for breathing? No? Gee, I wonder.