So this is a follow up question to my previous one:
I was quite interested in all the responses and so now I want to ask about people's views on giving children the mothers surname.
To make it clear, I'm aware that many women give their children their last name when the father is not in their life, so this question is in the context of the father playing an active role in the child's life.
- I am a male and it would bother me if they did not have my surnameVote A
- I am a male and it would not bother meVote B
- I am a female and I would give them the father's last nameVote C
- I am a female and I would prefer the child to have my last nameVote D
- Indifferent / OtherVote E
Most Helpful Guy
If I was a father who played an active role in my child's life, what kind of father wouldn't, and my children didn't have my surname that would bother me quite a bit. I'm rather old fashioned in that regard so my child not having my name, or my wife not taking my name, would offend me. Now if they weren't my children but they were the woman's kids from a previous relationship, I obviously understand, but not when they are my blood.1