Notice how most if not all intelligent people are atheists?

is that fact telling or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• not very korrekt. Newton wasn't an atheist, but he wasn't a theist like the average theist either.

Real intelligent people have logical personal views. they keep it to themselves and/or represent it as a philosophy.

They don't strongly "believe" specifically to one thing in a book. they have their own unique visions and express it.

For example Schopenhauer and nietzsche weren't atheists as today's atheism is defined. Both refute the Judeo-Christian God but represent something else, not a God but something to think about.

Most Atheists of today, especially after Communism adopted a falsified atheism and brought it into the world with it's shitty ideology are no different than the people who believe. They don't really think about the idea of God they just don't want to believe there's a God so they read a book and start 'believing' there isn't a God just to fight the rules made by the religion.

The simplest example is the fact that most of them don't know any theistic beliefs except Judaism/Christianity/Islam's monist monotheism.

Judeo-Christian monotheism is one of the logically lamest theistic philosophies out there and anyone who knows anything about theism knows it.

And how can you possibly be an "A-theist" when the only theistic philosophy you know about is the lamest of them? Being completely against something for a logical person comes after logically refuting everything about it. Now you 'can' be an atheist without knowing all about it because atheism is not something against a philosophy it's disbelieving in a "belief" and a belief is not an idea based on facts to need to be essentially disproved.

But what you cannot prove with this kind of Atheism is your intellectual superiority.

___
    Anyway that being said, anyone who strongly believes in Yahweh and his heaven and hell after reading bible is someone that you shouldn't doubt isn't as smart as someone who at least has doubts about after life.

That's a fact about people who generally think, they have doubts.

So in the end I would say higher intelligence is about not believing, creating thoughts and not having fear to refute it and create a new one. simply your mind moving and moving and moving.

Atheism here is good because it refuses believing in a belief and accepts logical thinking so you can keep an open mind for new ideas. It's a gateway not a destination.

• newton is a bad example. people back hen were not as free to believe what they wanted

• no actually his works on theology was private and not published until in 20th century when there was studies about him. they were his own personal notes for himself, his interpretations and thoughts. he wasn't the average believer but he wasn't a disbeliever.

What Girls Said 9

• I am not an atheist. I am smart and educated. So was C. S. Lewis. He also was not an atheist. Einstien was not an atheist... Leonardo da Vinci was not an atheist... Nikola Tesla was not an atheist... Isaac Newton was not an atheist... of course I am sure that they don't count as intelligent... just because they are listed among some of the smartest people that ever lived...

http://www.thetoptens.com/smartest-people-history/
    www.godandscience.org/.../sciencefaith.html

• i don't know about the others, but einstein was definitely atheist. he would even make jokes about 'god'

• she's also a huge hypocrite, who accepts logic when it agrees with her beliefs and dismisses altogether when it doesn't

• you again? Get a life.

• I disagree. There are highly intelligent people of faith and there are highly intelligent atheists.

Just as there are bigoted people of faith as much as there are bigoted athiests.

• i know there are highly intelligent people from both camps, but i mean the elite are mostly if not all atheists

• I'm an atheist and I would claim to be quite intelligent speaking 6 languages fluently, however I actually know a lot of very intelligent people who believe so better don't judge to quickly

• That is a very stupid statement

• I've actually met more atheists with no college degree than I have religious people without one, and no I'm not religious or atheist. I'm agnostic. O_ o

• agnostic is more or less the same as being an atheist.

• agnostics are not as bold as to say there is absolutely no way there is a GOD. They choose to only believe in what they can prove. God can neither be proved true or false

• Also a college degree is not a mark of intelligence I met a few flat out idiots with college degrees.

• Where is the proof for this?

• life experience

• no, but i used a survey technique known as sampling

• Of course you did... -_-

• So do you have any facts to back up this little nugget of information with?

• not a fact..

• That's what you think anyway

What Guys Said 11

• Many great minds have came out of the world of religion Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, Boyle, Kelvin and Kepler were all highly intelligent people who were religious. Einstein is tricky because even though he didn't believe in any of the personal gods, he did in fact believe that SOMETHING (The Spinoza's God possibly) created the Universe. Einstein stated many times that he is not an atheist (Hell, Einstein criticize atheist a lot during his lifetime). Einstein was either pantheistic or agnostic.

Also there is no correlation between intelligence and being a nonbeliever/believer.

• As an Atheist, I am not happy with you saying that, You make us look like arrogant clowns who think overly highly of ourselves, When this is not true. If you want to insult religious people, Do not do it in the name of Atheism please.
    Its like when Feminazi's say nasty shit claiming to be Feminists, Its just a dick thing to do.
    Whilst i do not believe, Atheists are more intelligent, I do believe they are more open to learning. But, There are some very intelligent religious people too, They however, can be close minded with their intelligence.

• Much of what we have and know today was created by religious people. It's not a fact. Atheists are as closed-minded as they claim religious people to be, the only difference is that they worship science books over the Bible or the Koran. Much of science is contradictory, often manipulated to serve certain agendas so you never know what's true and what's not (this comes from scientists who left the field for that reason), and we're constantly discovering new things - atheists think they have everything figured out when our top scientists don't know the half of it yet. That isn't very intelligent.

• "often manipulated to serve certain agendas " - i've never heard of this before. could you give me an example of that?

• I don't have time to show an example right now as I'm on my phone and it plays up when I try to post links, but there are plenty of examples if you do the research.

• I'm atheist but this is a generalization

• As an incredibly stupid atheist I take offense to this.

• All religions and non religions have their share of intelligent people.

• I'm going to go ahead and agree with everyone else. Mainly because I think most highly intellectual people would be agnostic. Due to the fact you can not really quantify what a GOD is, and you can't prove or disprove ones existence. logic would dictate then agnostic is the way to be

• As someone who is not religious, this is such a stupid, stupid, over-generalization. Intelligence has nothing to do with it. I dislike the smugness among many atheists and you further my disdain. Thank you.

• Where'd you hear that?

• That is actually false.

• Because we don't believe in such fantasies like Christians do...