Are italians white?

Someone said they are not lol

0|0
12|11

Most Helpful Girl

• Such an interesting question, only because if you were to put an Italian and an Arab side by side, stripped down, and didn't hear them talk, they could look alike. In fact, I mistakenly asked a Jordanian man where in Italy he was from once, as even his accent fooled me.

Anyway, technically they are Caucasian. But the proudful folk that they are, usually just like to be referred to as Italians, even the dark skinned ones from the south. I guess it says it all. :)

Off topic, but sort of similar, I had a Greek friend who once told me that Greeks were "the first, original Caucasians". I suppose she means that after the great migration, the people who settled in Europe who lost the melanin in their skin and became "white" where the Greeks who went from being darker skinned to becoming more pale. Greeks aren't just dark, of course, there are blondes and redheaded Greeks, and as people settled throughout the Mediterranean over time, I suppose she was hinting that it was the Greeks who first became Caucasian over anyone else in Europe . If someone has any different information, I would be interested in knowing their thoughts on this. I am just going by one Greek friend's information/opinion. :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, of course they are. They're white Europeans.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would think they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • no they r black... :|

0|0
    0|1
  • well some can get pretty tan... sometimes the look a bit like turkish people (are those considered white?).

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep Italians are white

0|0
    0|0
  • @BarbaraP

this one's for you boo

1|0
    0|0
  • Most are lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Something like that

0|0
    1|1
  • They're white. Italian isn't a race.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian is a nationality, they may be white and they may not be lol... a lot of them are suppose to have black blood though.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, Italians (I'm Italian) are Caucasian. If you see some that are a little darker, they're pretty much just tanned, because of the warm Mediterrean climate you can find here, especially in Southern Italy. Of course some Italian people might belong to an originally foreign family, maybe a German one, maybe an Egyptian one and that's going to influence their skin color, but doesn't it happen everywhere in the world?

We look white don't we? xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1zuHZz9BXY

0|0
    0|0
  • I consider them white.

They look very much so to me.

1|0
    1|1
  • My sister told me that she once watched a video on YouTube and there were some Italian people there and they said they weren't white. They would get offended if you called them white.
    I don't understand that, if they aren't white, then what they are?
    I wish I could meet an Italian, so he/she could explain me this.

0|0
    0|0
    • This other italian guy thinks he's white... but i also heard a story like yours thats why i asked. lol

• They are white to me. I can't see them as non-white.

• Yes, they are as far as you consider "white" as Caucasian - all Europeans and people with European origin as for instance many Americans are "white"

0|1
    1|0
  • Mediterranean. They are more olive skinned that North Western Europeans. The med is across the water from Africa and next door to the middle east so it's understandable their skin is naturally a little darker.

1|0
    1|0
  • I consider them white. I know at one point they weren't considered white

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep they are Caucasian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look at my picture and let me know

0|0
    0|0
    • Or you can tell me. Lol And plus i already got my answer a long time ago. Thanks.

• I answer without seeing the date lol

• OK... I got my answer.

• Yes, they are. I myself am Italian.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience they are technically "white" but have an olive complexion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always wondered the same thing

0|0
    1|0