Are there any states in America where the driving age is still 13?

I heard there are. Do you know of any?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think in Calgary it might be 14 but that is in Canada. This was 16 years ago though. I don't know if it is still this way.

What Girls Said 4

• I never knew that there were...

• No, but if you've got a lot of land, farm, you can legally on the property. At least In Washington state you can.

• Maybe that is what was meant then when I have heard people say that.

• Probably because you have to be 15 at least in most states. I drove at 13 though on the farm.

• Whoa you could drive at 13? Sign me up!

And no I don't think so but if you own private land I'm sure it's ok as long as there's parental guidance and assistance.

• you can get a farmers permit at 13 I believe

• Oh is that what it is. How are you?

• I am ok had a girl piss me off and I feel be rude so decided I really could not be bothered with her and blocked her but other than that ok.

• awwww I'm sorry, just brush it off

What Guys Said 3

• en.wikipedia.org/.../Driver%27s_license_in_the_United_States

South Dakota is the closest you'll get, with 14.

It's 14 in Alberta too, but you need a grown up making sure you don't crash.

• 14 wow, seems too young in my opinion.

• Rural areas where being able to operate a vehicle is practically a necessity for a number of reasons. Plus as others have mentioned, they've likely been helping out on the family's land with stuff for quite a while (driving trucks and tractors and the like) so this is just ensuring they don't hurt other motorists on public roads.

• I am very surprised about 14 in Calgary - I thought norm was 16

• I have heard of some low ages in some states of Northern America but I thought that was just America turns out it is of Canada. I think 18 is a good age to drive on your own.

• I don't know bro