How old do you think the minimum driving age should be?

What is your reason for thinking what you think. If you think it should be another age than what is listed please just say the age in your post.

• 13 years old
  • 15 years old
  • 16 years old
  • 17 years old
  • 18 years old
  • 21 years old
  • 25 years old

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, lets look at the lawful, legit, and only definition of driving shall we?
    Driving/driver- One "EMPLOYED" in conducting a
    coach, carriage, wagon, or other vehicle, with horses, mules, or other
    animals, or a bicycle, tricycle, or motor car, though not a street
    railroad car. See Davis v. Petrinovich, 112 Ala. 654, 21 South. 344, 36
    L. R. A.615; Gen. St. Conn. 1902,
    According to this definition which is the only correct definition and legit
    definition, if you are not transporting goods or people for money, then
    you are not driving, but simply traveling! So by law, if you are not profiting with the use of your vessel, then you are not required to obtain a drivers license. If you do not use your vehicle for commerce, then you are not required to obtain a commercialize tag (license plate).

Rights come from God, they are not granted by the state! The state cannot take away rights to gain a privilege. You have the right to travel, and to
    travel unmolested (5th amendment). Driving is a privilege because you are profiting. Anytime you have the "opportunity" to make money it is a
    privilege. Secondly, the DMV requires you to hand over papers and
    documents that police, lawyers, and judges need warrants with
    affirmation to obtain. A clear violation of the 4th amendment! The
    correct term is conducting. Conducting means to guide or lead. By
    steering and propulsion; you're conducting your vehicle! There is nothing in the constitution that states you need a license to conduct because that would infringe on your rights to travel!
    The legal definition of a person-In general usage, a human being; by statute, however, the term can include firms, labor organizations, partnerships, associations,
    corporations, legal representatives, trustees, trustees in Bankruptcy,
    or receivers.
    A corporation is a "person" for purposes of the constitutional guarantees of equal protection of laws and Due Process of Law.

So if you ask me when the minimum driving age should be? My response would be when the parents find their child ready to operate in a business fashion, as or conducting, or traveling, when ever the child can successfully conduct a vehicle with out causing any harm or damage! The government has no saying in the matter! I cannot stand those who do not understand their rights and freedom! If you have to ask for licensing and permits; you're not exactly free are you?

What Girls Said 4

• I answered an identical question to this a few days ago... yeah it's fine where it is at 16.

• I think the age is fine where it's at. It shouldn't be lowered or raised.

• What is that age 16?

• But what everyone doesn't seem to get is the fact that there's rules and restrictions when we get our license at a young age because they do know that were still immature for instance we can only drive with one person in the car for a year so there's less distractions and a bunch of other rules... But honestly it doesn't really matter because most of us can't afford a car so it's better for us to get our license now that way we can save up money or our parents will buy one for us in a couple of years once we are 18-21. If we get our liscence around 18 or 21 it will slow a lot of us down because many of us have jobs and need transportation.

For those reason I think this age is fine as it is.

• Yeah the age is 16 in my country to but there is also rules and restrictions to.

• 15! 😆😜 I'm so kidding I have no desire to drive right now. I think 18 sounds like a good age range tbh. Or possibly 16 is good because a lot of teens who need jobs need a way to get there.

• Yeah it is 16 in my country. You can't drive on your own at 16 years old though. That is when you can start learning with a supervisor. That supervisor can be anyone as long as they have held their full licence more than 2 years and they must sit in the front passenger seat of the car. However, before you can do this you have to pass a road rules test.

• It's 16 years old here and I think it's a good age to start learning

• Yeah, I live in the same country as you. :)

• Oh did you think I was asking "what age is it" instead of what age "should it be"

• No, I just didn't realise you were asking the the question

What Guys Said 10

• at any age as long as da person's capable of drivin a car. i mean there might b a person who's 15 and an x-ellent driver... and there might b another person who's 40, and incapable of drivin a car anyway

• 18 seems reasonable to me

• 16 is fine. Graduated licencing (where you are restricted on where you can drive and when for months to a year after getting your initial licence) is also a good idea.

• Yeah that is what it is like in my country. You are restricted on what you can do at the start until you get your full licence.

• I used to be a driving instructor. And I believe it should be 18. Generally, the maturity level and the mind have not fully developed prior to this age.

• So you think before 18 you should not be allowed to get behind the wheel of a car at all even if you have a supervisor with you?

• Yeah in my country the age is 16 but at 16 you to pass a theory test of the road rules first. Then you are given you learners if you pass the theory. When you drive you must have a supervisor that has held their full licence for at least 2 years or more with you and they must sit in the front passenger seat. You are not allowed to go for your restricted driving test until you turn 16.5 years old. Then once you get your restricted you are only allowed to drive alone and not allowed to carry any passengers in the car unless your supervisor is with you. You also are not allowed to drive alone between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am unless you have your supervisor with you.

• You're not a driving instructor! To understand what I am saying; go look at my answer to this question!

• there should be a minimum age of 16, there should also be a minimum height of 5'4 so that @zell0is0my0name can't kill people since she probably can't see out the window yet.

• It should be 16 to get your permit but must wait till your 18 to get your licenses.

• Just take the public transport, learn to deal with the crazies, life-lessons up in here

• People actually voted 13 year olds. Wow there are no limits to ignorance.

• It's 18 here, but I think 16 is ideal personally.

• Yeah I was speaking to a guy from your country that said it was 18 there.

• I choose 16 because i bought a car when i was 16