At what age did you get your first portable game device and what was it?

I had an Atari 2600, with little dial controllers... you could twist it to make your paddle go up or down on the screen. If you wanted to make a game harder, you flicked switch which made your paddle shorter, or flicked another switch to make the ball (a small white square on the screen) ricochet around the screen faster...

Mine was a Nintendo dual screen Donkey Kong... back when one game would hold a child's interest for years

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• Commodore 64. I'm not sure how old I was when we first got it, but I was probably playing it by age 4.

• About five . It was Nintendo

• Umm... 8 maybe? And it was a Game Boy.

• Don't remember age, was definitely a gameboy.

• I think I was 8, a game boy. But before that I had a tamagotchi to entertain me since I was like 5 or 6.

• I had just turned 11 and I got a Nintendo DS Lite, lol.

• Nintendo DS lite, I was in elementary school so 8-9 years old.

• maybe 8 or 7? Game boy colour

• I think I got mine when I was 9 or 8 and I had a Nintendo DS Lite, I had the Nintendogs Labrador game and the Princess Peach game.

• Nintendo. I was like 7

• Mine was a PSP-Go black... I got it for my 12th birthday.. It was a surprise frm my dad.. A game that I will forever remember is the Silent Hill Origins.. :) good days.. I remember playing it all day everyday for 7days straight.. Lol had fun

• I used to play tennis or something on my dad's Gameboy if that counts

• I was probably 4-5 and was Play Station 1

• Game boy advance it was translucent purple. SO cool

• Tomy Tronic 3D Sky attack. oh boy, how old. About 12 I think. Loved it.

• When I was 8 I had a Nintendo Gameboy.

What Guys Said 23

• I was 11 years old and in the sixth grade, (this would be the Christmas of 1978).

The game that I got was an electronic football game: Coleco Head to Head Football

www.museumofplay.org/.../Z0065398.jpg
    Check out that LED display!

The 'Head to Head' series of games gave you the option of playing an opponent on defense.

• I can remember when I was a kid that I wanted one of those but no-one who I knew in Australia at the time knew much about NFL

• I had one in the 1980s I think it was called Galaxy Invaders - You can only imagine how primitive it was.

• A friend of mine bought an arcade game, Defender... we had hours of fun on that!

• I never had one.

• I've never own a portable game device. I usually recycle it as a gift to someone else when someone gives it to me

• I remember having a gameboy color, but that didn't last long as my brother broke the charger. Then I owned a PSP, but he broke THAT as well. I was about 8 then 13.

• Probably 12 or so. Got a Sega game gear... This thing was better than the gameboy color which came out several years later.

• I got a SEGA Game Gear with Sonic Triple Trouble and Columns.

I was about age 7.

• 0|1
  • I got a gameboy for my 8th birthday if i remember correctly

• I got a game boy pocket somewhere between the ages of 6 and 8.

• I got a Sega megadrive in 1997 I think it was, Playstation and Nintendo 64 had just came out so I got the Sega off a mate.

• I was about 8 when I got a Gamecube. I barely played it though, I was outside more often.

• A game gear. Sorry can't remember the age/ year

• I got a this sega console back in 95 4got the model no... then got a PS1 and a second hand ps2 when I was 12.. planning 2 buy a ps4 by this year

• 9 Sega Gamegear.

• I think I was 7 or something when I got the game boy advance

• i got a Nintendo ds when i was 7 i still have it... along with the like... 20 pokemon games :P

• Age 8 the old school game boy back on Christmas 1993

• I had a ps2, but I can't remember how old I was when i got it.

• I got a game boy color when I was 6-7. Pokemon gold was my first game.

• don't remember how old i was but it was a nintendo ds. good times

• I got a Wii when I was 7 or 8, I think in 2008 or something.

• I got a fleshlight when i was 14. does that count?