Am I the only one who think it is a waste of time to ask how-do-I-look and am-I-attractive questions?

I am not saying that I am annoyed by those questions. I am just indifferent, and sometimes may provide answers.

But apparently, if you ask such questions, almost every answer you get here is "wow you look beautiful", "you look nice", "you are very attractive", or something similar. At least, this is my oberservation.

I know that beauty is in the eyes of the beholders, but seems the "beholders" on this site think every man and woman is beautiful. That is why I never asked such questions here, even though I think my facial appearance is just average.

Are people who ask how-do-I-look and am-I-attractive questions solemnly and merely seeking compliments and confidences here? Or do you ever take the answers seriuosly?

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally agree. I have those blocked because they bother me so much. I hate when people fish for compliments (then get angry when you give your honest opinion).

• Some girl asked if her selfie was bad because everyone in her life hated it and I said yes (because it was bad). She looked like trailer trash in it and got angry when I said so and blocked me. Don't ask questions if you can't handle the answers.

What Girls Said 6

• most of the time, hell yes.
    but... some people really need to be reminded of how lovely they are every once in awhile. i guess they dont hear it often enough.

• I totally agree but I don't mind answering them and I'm not afraid to be honest with people.

• Yes most are.. Truly attractive people know they are attractive they just ask to know more great things about themselves while their are others who aren't sure... If these people truly thought they were ugly they would be too scared to put pictures up here

• Nooo and yesss
    But people need validation
    Poor ppls

• No, you're not alone.

• You are not the only one who thinks that.

What Guys Said 2

• No it is a validation for some and if it makes people feel better well nothing wrong with that - If you are not interested just block the topic then your feed will be freed up

• I understand the reasoning behind asking the question, your just curious to see what other people think about how you look. As for the answers, I do agree that they are a bit biased towards positive answers, but I guess you can just balance that out of the results you get.