Do you believe in global warming?

i m not sure if i doo

Most Helpful Guy

• The notion of "believing" is faulty from the get go tho isn't it?
    That'll be like if you believe in the theory of magnetism or the theory of general relativity.

I think climate change is a phenomenon that humans are partly responsible of.

It's the resultant effect of MASSIVE deforestation.
    www.climatenewsnetwork.net/.../...gust-12-2007.jpg

A meat-centric western diet that requires raising of an absurd amount of livestock which releases massive amount of greenhouse gases like methane and sulfur dioxide which makes carbon dioxide looks like a a 5ft wimp.
    wearewildness.com/.../industrial-farming.jpg

Destruction of the ozone layer and changing of the composition of the atmosphere because of industrial activities.
    www.teachengineering.org/.../..._lesson02_fig4.jpg

Which then leads to the melting of the permafrost which as it melted it also releases even more greenhouse gases.

All of them together creates a sort of cascade effect.

• One must be cautious of which sources they use. There are those who will exaggerate the situationwaaay outof proportion. As an example there was a predictionthat by 2013 a coastal region somewhere in America would be submerged, which hasn't happened.
      There are people who use false statements through a legitimate phenomenon to induce panic.

• This was not the popular belief back then. At any rate, he isn't a retard, he definitely is very capable, if at only feeding us incorrect/inaccurate information in a believable manner. Gore was, in fact, hailed for his "Inconvinient truth", so he succeeded on a global scale, proof of that is evident in this topic.

This global warming business is more like a religion, I feel.

• @sp33d
      People in the community has been blasting him for sensationalism since 07 .
      You can't hold an entire movement accountable when you ignore the geniune peer reviewed researches and stick with the sound bites.

Also yes... an inconvenient truth that to halt or slow climate change we are going to have to impose restrictions that cost money yes..

What Girls Said 7

• What is there not to believe in it's a proven fact?

-The sun is beaming down on us more and more because the ozone layer is being destroyed.

-The icebergs and land are being destroyed

-Just like the ice age ended and we live on the earth we're causing it to change much faster and it will return to that state one day but not in our life time

• Ultraviolet light does not melt the ice. Heat is transferred via infrared light. The ozone layer does not block infrared.

• @sp33d

I know it's just the fact that if he doesn't believe that I'm sire he doesn't believe any of the rest either

• I think it might be true in a general sense but maybe not in every country and every city in the world. Its hotter in India this year then in previous years and many people have died from the head. The polar ice caps are melting but in places like florida - farmed tropical fish have been dying cause they are getting colder there than in previous years.

• Yes, I do.

• The proper term is climate change, and yes, I do.

• Well... considering all the evidence and research that has gone into it, and also considering it is a fact, I believe it. I'm pretty sure it's not just government propaganda haha

• Well yeah. It's not something you can't believe, it's a proven fact...

• Its already happening...

What Guys Said 18

• Everything is either heating up or cooling down. Nothing stays the same temperature unless there is equilibrium; that won't happen globally or universally anytime soon.

If you take the average temperature every year, or every season, or every month for 10/100/1000 years, then record them on a chart; you will see a path. When the temperatures get higher, there is global warming. When the temperatures get lower, there is global cooling.

This is a very simplified version of what is actually happening, but it explains the basics. Global warming isn't the result of humans way of life. The world warmed and cooled many times long before humans arrived. Humans may cause a more rapid warming, but it would happen regardless.

There is speculation we are still leaving the last ice age. In that case, we are in the warming up stage of the cycle. If we were moving toward an ice age, we would be in a cooling down stage of the cycle.

So it's not really about believing in it. It's a natural cycle of our planet and probably many others, so it is happening. I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned about it. No one wants life to go extinct, but it's natural to go extinct and begin anew. Are we capable of surviving it, or is a new species going to rule after us?

• Global warming is not a matter of believe, it is a scientific fact. Not believing in global warming is pretty much the same as not believing in gravity. You may do so if you wanna stay ignorant but this won't change the fact that it has been scientifically proven that it exists and that humans are the cause for it. In fact, you can already see some of the terrible consequences of it today.

• Oh, and I should also say that you should consider the fact that America is literally the only country where people claim such nonsense. There is no other nation where people are like "global warming is fake". I think even if you don't understand the science behind it, that's gotta mean something (considering the US education system is the one of a second world country).
      Or to say it with the words of my favorite comedian Bill Maher: "Claiming that global warming doesn't happen because it was very cold last winter (as some Republicans do) is like claiming that the sun doesn't exist because it was dark last night."

• I don't know how you can't, with the draught in California and all.
    Also the Nepal earthquake, the irregular weather patterns. The only people denying it are oil companies because they benefit from climate change

• Oil companies and the politicians they pay.

• I agree with everything except the earthquake in Nepal. Earthquakes having nothing to do with global warming, they are a cause of naturally occurring plate tectonics. However, you are right that there are thousands of good examples out there that illustrate the effects of global warming. Among others, one good example is that our planet has warmed up more during the last 100 years than during the previous 10,000 years. 2013 I believe was the hottest year ever recorded. Almost all the top ten hottest years since recording started were measured between 1995 and today. Floods, hurricanes such as Sandy, floods, heat shocks, cold shocks and desertification are all causes of global warming. Every single year, the deserts on our planet increase with the size of Ireland (let's just think about that for a moment...) and destroy thousands of square miles of fertile land. And things have only just started.

• Thank you for correcting me.
      I can only hope that we all just chill out and take better care of our environment but honestly, I don't see it happening so im just gonna hope the human race doesn't go extinct during my lifetime

• It's great that you don't believe in it, but that doesn't make it a fact. The icebergs are melting and the climate zones are expanding for a reason.

• No way lol

It's all bullshit

You're talking about human activity effecting the atmosphere and what not, right?

Then no, it's pretty ridiculous to even think us humans could make anything close to a small dent in the earths climate and atmosphere.

• I am not convinced one way or the other. Still making up my mind on what I think of global warming.

• yes it is real thing

• Climate change due to human activity is real

• Yes, I do trust the majority of the scientific community over politicians and the oil companies that back them.

• And the minority of the scientific community that are paid to produce results favorable to the corporations that get rich polluting, and Fox News ignoring the real science and spewing the BS.

• The greenhouse gas effect is real, however, not sufficient to explain. The supposed reports of what would happen are clearly exaggerated. All gas particles in the atmosphere either get brought down by gravity or they propel and bleed out into space. Proof of that is evident, the atmosphere is thickest at ground level.

The greenhouse gases will not be able to persist in the atmosphere long enough to cause this distinct change. They definitely help, but there has to be something else, too.

• Before anybody says 'yea, but look at Venus' (the planet, not the women's depilator)
      Venus is a lot closer to the Sun, it revolves much slower around its axis, therefore any and all climatic changes are bound to last longer and come about a lot easier, that coupled with its geological activity is enough to make the planet Hell. The Earth is a lot more stable in that regard.

• We do not have anywhere enough of fresh water ice to stop even the smallest of currents. Itis not the same as mixing fresh water and salt water in a glass.

So, we end in a stalemate. I agree with some of the statements that globalwarming hypothesis makes. However, they are not enough to explain the big picture. The only thing that is capable of causing a climate change on the predicted scale is the Sun and only the Sun. That is why global warming is incomplete and therefore not sufficient.

• This is toomuch of a philosophical debate, there is not enough evidence to capsize either side of the argument. That said, I don't support careless massive emissions of greenhouses gases, the detriment to human health is still there, but that's a whole other ballpark.

• Sure. I mean the scientists do, and they've actually spent time studying it. Plus it goes a long way to explaining the odd weather we've been experiencing.

• Yeah.

And gravity too.

• denying is stupid.

• Is that how it works?

• Why not?
    Physically and chemically its correct.

• it would be funny if you asked al gore this

• I think it is happening but may be exaggerated, scientifically speaking.

• Yes, all that carbon spewing out of the billions of cars and factories doesn't magically disappear.