How can I find excitement in life again?

I feel like I'm simply going through the motions. I feel like I'm playing a role. Nothing really excites me anymore. All emotions seem faked. I'm not sure what to do or what exactly is wrong.

I have tons of friends who are good to me. I recently started a new job which is should be exciting. I'm meeting new people, go out pretty often. I always have things to do but inside everything just seems numb and grey.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for quality over quantity.

You feel like you're playing a role. So who is the real you? Something many people never figure out is that our selves are a matter of choice. Humans CAN choose who and what to be; few consciously do.

So now is your time to choose. Who do you want to be? As long as you're honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring, and pursuing quality of life, anything you choose is terrific.

Good luck. :)

What Guys Said 4

• This morning on the train, a guy sat down across from me and just contemplated me. I smiled at him, got awkward and looked away.

There was something interesting about him, I should probably have spoken to him.

I don't know if you get this, but sometimes I feel like things enter my orbit and I have an intuition that there is something interesting about them.

I think if you explore things like that, your life probably becomes more exciting.

• Find something that interests you and go at it - Full tilt

• Read a bible or talk to someone older like an aunt because seem like you need an understanding.

• keep searching for new things to do

What Girls Said 1

• find something meaningful to you