Left my car alone for a few months; car doesn't start at all?

I was unavailable to use the car for a few months. When I returned and tried the key. There was absolutly no current. No sound, nothing.

Is the battery dead? These are used cars. I used them for a few years after I bought them from previous owners. No problems before I left. I was using them fine. I already knew about the history before, When I was using them there was no problem, except when I left for a few..

Most Helpful Guy

• Most cars on the road, even many of the older ones, have things that draw current even when the key is off. Clock, computer system, alarm system to name a few. With not being run in months to recharge the battery, the battery will die. So the problem is 99% likely the battery. Problem is that often draining it down that way ruins it. You may charge it up to find that it still dies really quickly.

Charge it overnight, then see how it runs. But don't get into someplace where it will be a problem if you can't start it right up, incase you do need a new battery.

What Girls Said 3

• Why not try and get a friendly neighbour to give you a jump start.. Or else charge the battery overnight.

• Battery could be dead or a few parts may have seized up.

• You need to recharge the battery, use some starter fluid, make sure that you have oil in it. Never let a car sit for more than 4 weeks without starting it.

• Yes, check the oil, if it's bled out you might not notice because the car is sitting over the puddle/stain... I would know... You can *destroy* an engine fucking quick like that!

What Guys Said 5

• Most likely the problem is the battery yes.

• Jumpstart it

• its in my backyard no other car around

• I'm no expert but that sure does sound like a dead battery.

• The battery is most likely dead and needs a jump start

• Yeah dude, something's wrong. You have to keep turning it over. You may have a battery problem but get the alternator checked out too, as well as the starter