Is it a myth girls give importance to physical characteristics?

I mean, most guys whom I have seen hang around with a lot of girls, keep dating etc are not even remotely good looking but yeah, cool. Like I have a friend, he might actually be below average looking and is around 5'5'' at best but he has had a lot of gf's who were beautiful and smart. However out here, people complain a lot about not getting girls because of their looks and even the girls seem pretty rude about it, so yeah, i had to ask.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are essentially three routes to getting a girl: charm, or looks, or money.

For the looks route, the bar is very high. Women mesmerize men with boobs and butts. Men have no such advantages. I do think that, in order to rely solely on looks and not to have to be charming at all, you would have to be model-level or near-model-level in terms of your looks.

So, that's why you see women give harsh opinions about looks, but at the same time you see women go with men who are average or below average.

• Are u kidding me, WOMEN SET THE BAR HIGH :o, its us men who do that tbh, there is always that occassional cute or handsome guy who doesn't look great or anything, in women even with fairly decent features, we will find her attractive and maybe fantasize for a min till the next beautiful girl comes along which is in barely 2 min

• All things being equal, men prefer the hot woman, yes. But, in your example, if the fairly decent woman were easy, she would get lots of male attention! That's the difference between men and women.

• So that means even if u look like a male model, u still can't be expected to be dumb until and unless the woman is easy, who by the way, would have sex with anyone, the only diff being the volume orgasms eventually, so yeah...

What Girls Said 2

• Girls do care about looks, the same way that guys do. It's important to have some kind of attraction towards someone you're in a relationship with, so they are a bit important. However, most girls would agree that they're not as important as his personality. If he's a nice guy, suited to us and treats us well, then his looks are kind of just a bonus.

• yeah, kinda what i thought, I mean, sure, there are shallow women out there, but well, who gives a fuck about beauty if she's dumb

• Definitely. Your looks are going to fade eventually but the chances are your personality is gonna be about the same. That's what someone should fall in love with, now how nice your face is.

• The beautiful girls probably find your friend really attractive. I have a crush on this guy and all my friends keep telling me that he's ugly and not attractive at all. I think that he's he most hottest guy at my school and I could look at him all day. It all depends on the girls opinion

What Guys Said 3

• I think so to a degree

• There are shallow women, just like there are shallow men

• "Physical appearance doesn't matter so terribly. You look for compatibility of spirit. There's an energy about a person that's difficult to hide. You try to feel that--" "And then you try to feel the energy of their credit account. It has a sort of aura."