Have you been to counseling?

What were yur experiences? Would you recommend it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriage counselling?

• Any type of counseling. I was considering individual counseling

What Guys Said 5

• Well it depends. Some therapists (and sorry if thats not what you mean) see you and think, "meds. This person needs lots of meds." and barely take the time to know YOU but rather your issues, which doesn't help and wastes time. Others, like my new therapist, took time to get to know me first. She then got to know what was wrong and it really helps. It helps to be able to just get it all out to someone and know it's safe. It really works wonders if you can build a connection as well.

• I have and it helped

• I have, it was great.

• Yeah, they were good for me. If you think you need it then I would for sure go and do it :)

• Counsellors say anything stupid and silly whatever they want...

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, I have. My experience the first time wasn't pleasant, because the therapist that saw me just immediately wanted to put me on medication. I found a new therapist however who had the same values as me and it greatly helped me.

As for school counselors, I have been and my experience was good. They directed me to the help I needed.

• I love therapy. I am currently in now. Its nice to have an unbiased opinion on what problems you have in life. Or other issues. Sometimes I don't agree and take what my therapist says and form it better to my life but all in all I really like it. You have to find someone who works with you and for you. This may not be the first one you see :-)

• Do you know if that involuntarily institutionalize a patient for self harming? Or suicidal thoughts?

• I am not sure. You can probably check your states laws. But I think unless you are an immediate threat to your self or others they can't admit you without your consent. A good therapist would want to talk about those things but not push it to the limit of confining you. I am sorry you have to go through this right now. I hope you find the help you need and you can message me if you just want to talk :-)

• My father was a Psychologist so i got all the advice i needed from him.

I think if someone feels they need expert advice they should go. You have nothing to lose by going, it will either help you or it won't.