What do you do when someone can't take no for an answer?

I recently met this guy and we've hung out twice in group settings. Recently he's been texting me a lot to hang out. I told him that I couldn't because I was busy and he can't take no for an answer. He will text me repeatedly trying to convince me to change my mind.

This is beyond annoying to me. I'm getting tired of repeating myself and saying no. Honestly the more he asks, the more I don't want to do it.

can I just ignore his messages at this point? How do you deal with people like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to be firm - Tell him you will report to police if he does not stop

Most Helpful Girl

• When it gets to that point, you no longer have to worry about being polite anymore.

What Guys Said 2

• Looks like he's not taking the hint and unfortunately you're going to have to be more firm with letting him down.

• Just ignore his text. He obviously can't get the hint

What Girls Said 3

• By saying you are busy, this doesn't send a clear signal to him. You are still leaving it open as a "not right now, but later" kind of thing. You need to be clear by saying that you are just not interested in pursuing a further relationship with him. Not everyone understands hints.

• I'd ignore him, you've told him no after all

• blocking his number is always an option