Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No of course not. It's a lazy excuse to remove responsibility from someone's actions and it undermines the concept of spontaneity.
    For example:
    *someone gets murdered*
    "Oh, but everything happens for a reason"
    What does that really insinuate? That this individual is meant to die in order to fit in with this giant plan that some omnipotent diety has created for us? That's crazy. Not everything in life as a pre-determined purpose. I think it's delusional to see the world that way.

What Girls Said 6

• No. It's just bullshit people say to make themselves or others feel better. :(

• Pretty sure You've heard the saying it's either a blessing or a lesson learnt. I just feel that they happen to prepare you for something, be it good or bad.

• of course my horse! :D!

• Yes I do believe that

• Yes i believe in karma

• Pol Pot was never put on a trial, he killed millions of Cambodians, when did karma get him?

• Well I don't know if karma got him or not but if i speak for myself i experienced it so i do believe it

• In a way yes.

What Guys Said 11

• Vote 'A' - YES :)

• I believe totally in fate

• Most probably, yes.

• *Nothing* happens for a reason. We just add made up reasons sometimes cause we try to understand all the things that happen in our life.

• Life is completely absurd, no matter how you try to spin it, regardless if your subjective personal anecdotes that believe you to think otherwise.

• Yes predestination

• The reason it happens is because it happens. There is no grand scheme in my eyes.

• Yes i do believe that.

• As in destiny? Fuck no.

As in cause and effect? More or less, with some randomness sprinkled on top.

• For a scientific reason.

• Yeah, and the reason is always science, particular forces etc . between atoms and such