Black people who live in South Carolina?

Is white people extremely racist towards you? I heard about Charleston and all..

Most Helpful Guy

• I was born there. Luckily we moved. Wisconsin #1 in the Midwest mofos

• Was too young to notice anything. Can't say

• @Surfofthenomad Madison isn't perfect but its the best place I have lived so far.

What Girls Said 1

• Actually no, i've lived in South Carolina my entire life and haven't encountered it yet. Yes, i'm pretty sure there are racist people here but most people are really accepting and race isn't really an issue. It's just those certain people.

What Guys Said 5

• I had a rather scary experience in South Carolina but that was 1 in about 5 experiences in South Carolina. Racism definitely exists in South Carolina maybe more so that some places in the US but I don't think it's pervasive.

As a black American though I do become much more aware of things as soon as I cross into Maryland and that awareness rises the further I've driven south. again I've encountered few things in the south but definitely more than in the north

• yes, they is...

• Bias that's no different then when I used to walk alone at night in all black neighborhood some group if guys would stare me down trying to size me up "you lost white boy?" and some would just say "Hi" and keep walking. There's biggoted/bad people in every race that don't like other races.

• I'm staying far away from America's south.