What name do you put on a resume?

I am helping my boyfriend with his resume.

his legal name that he was given at birth, on his birth certificate, license etc is Alexander.
his middle name is Daniel. Since he was in elementry school everyone has been calling him Danny.
Now that he is older, (22), he likes to introduce himself as dan rsther than danny.

so my question is, which name should he put on his resume?
Dan? Daniel? Alexander?

thanks guys!
I think we'll just put "Alexander Daniel _____"

Most Helpful Guy

• He should use his full legal name on his birth certificate
    and no nicknames so it should be Alexander Daniel etc

What Guys Said 5

• It's Alexander.

• lol i can totally imagine him writing a letter to a company.. "Dear Ma'am. I am the D. And you want me. In your company. message me."

• Put his proper name and an AKA ( Also Known As ) name

• Alexander name

• Daniel. It sounds more professional. Dan and danny sound like he is a teenager. Even if he calls himself Dan, Daniel goes on the resume.

What Girls Said 8

• Generally, you put on the resume the name that you expect to be called at work. So if you go by a middle name rather than your first name, you use the middle name and last on the resume. Otherwise, you would use your real first name and last name.

However, opt for something a bit more noble-sounding. So if someone's name is Bobby, but legally it's Robert, they may want to put "Bob". This is just because getting phone calls and someone asking for Robert sounds like a usable name, but using "Bobby" sounds more like a nickname. Think long term of how you'd want someone to address you or know you as.

In your boyfriend's case, "Dan" sounds a bit more mature than Danny, yet not to be mistaken for a given name that adds gravitas such as "Daniel". Dan is a good choice.

I don't like my first name, so I started to add my first, middle, then last name on my resume even though I don't have anything to do with my middle name. It just made my name altogether sound a bit more important. When asked upon employment, then I would make it known to go by my first name.

• Unless he's changed it by deed poll, it's better to use Alexander and he can later introduce himself as Danny in an interview. It might even give them something about him to remember, to make him stand out a bit.

• He should put his full legal name, it's more professional. If he gets an interview or gets the job, he can introduce himself by the name he prefers to be called.

• I would put Alexander. Not only to names beginning with A tend to get more success, but it sounds more like a professional name.

• Alexander Daniel.
    It doesn't matter if his nickname is Danny. :p

• never put a nickname.
    use his legally given name at birth.
    the name on his birth certificate and social security card.

• Daniel (filleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer)

• His full name. You should never use one's nickname on his résumé.