What do you think about the Charleston shooting?

I just learned about this and honestly I'm quite shocked that someone could be so hateful. This isn't the 60's, it's not white vs blacks anymore. Well at least I think it isn't , nor should it be. These type of things really sadden me, racially motivated crimes should be a thing of the past. And no I don't hate white people , and no I don't think white people are bad because of this. That's a generalization and an unfair one. He is an INDIVIDUAL PERSON not a spokesperson for all white people. I honestly believe the only way things like this will stop happening with all races is when we stop classifying people only by their race, as if color somehow has something to do with character. But what are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Every so often you get a nut job like this.

It's unfortunate that the church is a gun-free zone, somebody could have put this animal down possibly before any casualties, I know I would've had I been there.

A lot of far-left media are trying to say the shooter is a terrorist, but he does not fit the definition of a terrorist since he did this because he was an ignorant, hateful bigot, not because he was trying to scare people into supporting his ideaology.

It was a dislicable and senseless act of hate-filled violence, kudos to South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley for seeking the death penalty.

What Guys Said 12

• first I can't believe it took so long for someone to post something about this. second it is a real tragedy and my thoughts go out to the families of the victims. Third I want to know what set him off, like the way I heard it is that he wasn't always like this so what I want to know is what or who drove him to such hatred

• I can't really say much since you in US definitely have more info about it and see a bigger picture than we Europeans do. However, I don't get one thing: when those Georgian lunatics detonated bombs in Boston they were called terrorists. Why isn't this guy terrorist as well? It's called "hate crime" now...

• "Hate crimes" are racially motivated like specific race. Person A is racists or hates Asians so he shoots a bunch if Asians. Hate crime. The lunatics hate the US as a whole there for they are "terrorists". It wasn't racially motivated it was motivated by a hatred for the nation.

• Yeah that's true but terrorists because it's an act against the nation. Hate crime because it's an act against these African American people. Both can be considered hate crimes though I believd

• Terrorism is defined by the FBI as using violence to bring about social or political change. So when someone beheads someone else to scare people into accepting Sharia Law for example, that is terrorism.

• our country was built on racism and its still alive and well in pretty much every race. the easiest way to spot a closet racist "i dont date x people but i do date w, y, and z people" its gets called a preference but if it was a preference you'd still date x they just wouldn't be first on your list not completely off it.

• Hm I don't know if the dating stands so well. Because that would mean just about everyone that married within their race is racist , including black people. I've heard many black girls say they would not date a white guy because they are white , are they racist? Or what if they say they are only in to white guys? Are they then racist towards their own race. I mean dating Is complicated. There really are just preferences because that's what we grew up seeing and believing was beautiful or sexy or such. Some people are just more open minded than others and see past what they grew up knowing as beautiful or whatever.

• To be racist is to believe one race is superior to another. To be close minded is to be ignorant.

• yes and thats why excluding whole races from your dating radar is racist. you will hear the racism when you get them to try to explain why. "i dont like pink dick" "they talk funny when in bed" "i dont think their ugly i just dont think they are attractive" etc. next time someone says they dont date outside their race ask why in a way that they think won't make them sound like a bad person if all that can do is give a deflective answer like "its a preference." or "thats just the way i was raised" or the like then you have your hidden answer.

• It's probably not worse than what the police have been doing lately.

• Not all police are bad or corrupt. It's just those who do "bad" get more news coverage.

• It's not Sam excuse it's true. How many times has something a cop done seething that was amazingly good aired on the news? None that I've seen. That's like saying all white people are crazy because of the white people that's been put in the spotlight. They are not

• *an excuse

• Thank you for not judging all white people on the actions of this psycho. I feel very bad for all the innocents that were lost, and that it happened in a church only makes it hit harder for me. I pray for the families and hope the shooter gets what he deserves

• FEw media say he's a terrorist. Why?

• Racism is going to always exist, I feel like we've integrated our society a little better, but people have just learned to hide their racism and try to rationalize more like "Oh, I'm not racist, I just believe in XYZ". It's not going away, it'll always be there a little bit, and this is it just coming out of the shadows and into the light of modern America.

• As an outsider you always shake your head about the needless loss of life in America. But with how easy it is to get guns it will keep happening.

As for the racist connotations, well America and Racism sadly go hand in hand. that is not to say there is not a lot of very fine people, but, equally there are still plenty of hateful bigots. I guess it is the same everywhere in the world- plenty of hateful people here in Australia too

• I agree and wow I was unaware of that, It always just seemed based in America , most foreigners ( in my experience ) seem indifferent to color. And that is true it does go hand in hand unfortunately. Despite the vast diversity.

• That's nice to know 😁, I'm the same way.

• peace to you sister, i better get ready for work

• I don't what exactly happened there. All I know was that a shooting happened, but I don't know why it did or how many people died from it.

• A gunman went into a church during prayer and killed 9 people and left two unharmed so that they would be able to tell people what happened. He stated he was there to kill black people because apparently we are raping women and taking over the country. The victims were all older 3 men and 6 women , all black. And all of this took place in a church.

• That piece of shit needs to die

• Id rather him rot , death would be too easy.

• I think its sad and racially driven and that unfortunately, some people will use it to further an evil agenda.

• He is a terrorist racist white trash honky scum. I wish he was a race on his own, the shit race. I am a white South African male and I get accused of being a racist constantly due to my heritage. I dont believe in race anywhere, because I've seen good and white people in all races. I believe we should follow the victims family advice and fight this with love.

• "a terrorist racist white trash honky scum." Agreed!
      "fight this with love."
      Educating children not to become racist works better than kissing racists.

• You're just another one who thinks this or that with out really knowing what is going on! Yesterdays shooting was a false flag. Do you know what a false flag is? A false flag is a crime committed by our own government with a political agenda they will like to accomplish! Hitler burned down the Reichstag building to get the Nazi and SS party into power. 9/11 was an inside job committed by our own government in an attempt to take away all our rights ad freedoms! Do you know how this is a false flag? Look how quick many politicians and the president made comments blaming the guns! I am going to put this so blatantly obvious for you. The only reason why you are free and do not have shackles on your ankles is because of your gun rights! If the government succeeds in taking our gun rights away; say good bye to your freedom! You will be a slave! This has been the goal the whole time! Go look at Obama's response today from the shooting. He blames it on the guns! Obama is a criminal. He is a puppet, or just a face. Some one that the real people who run our government needs to throw the blame on! Obama is a murderer, and if you support him then you're a lunatic!

• I agree with your position that Obama is a puppet. Almost all politicians are so that's nothing new.

But you're wrong about gun control. In Europe we have basically a total ban on guns with just a few exceptions. We also have waaay lover murder rates than the US. Don't you see a connection here?

• against Gods word; you will answer for it! That is not opinion, that is a fact, like everything else I have been telling you is a fact, and not opinion!

• No hate speech here, please.

What Girls Said 2

• Hate crimes happen all over the place, especially now. It may never stop happening completely but there are steps to improve. But it takes a village.

• I'm not surprised at all. People are just evil. Even though it's 2015 and racism is a lot better, there are still people like that out there. I don't even think it's a racial issue, I think that's just an excuse. The bottom line is this guy is crazy and evil. It's very unfortunate

• It was, in this case , unfortunately. He said he "was there to shoot black people." Very chilling but yeah crazy and evil work too. I can agree