Guys, would you be attracted to a girl that can outrun you?

I run cross country, and am one of the best in the county. Im also an underclassman, and boys in my class (sophomores) aren't as fast as i am. I outrun them in practice, abd get better times on my races than they do. Is this attractive to guys or does it sound like im a try-hard/show off

20

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't attractive to me, but it isn't bad either. Chances are you are going to be better at some things and he will be better at other things. Most people aren't going to put a lot of stock into a single trait such as running. It normally won't matter unless the guy is hoping to impress you by how great of an athlete he is, and felt you wouldn't want to be around a guy that can't keep up with you. Typically only really young boys that don't know how else to get a girl to like him are likely to have that issue.

What Guys Said 19

• That's awesome that you are very proficient in the sport that your into. To me it's very attractive and if guys are intimidated, then they're not what you're looking for anyways. To me anyone who is good at what they do and enjoy it is an attractive attribute no matter what they're doing (painting, yoga, running tennis etc...).

It can become un-attractive if you crossover the line to cocky // arrogant. It's good to be confident but you also want to be humble.

• I honestly doubt it will matter at all. Anyone who thinks you're being a show off just because you're good at something must be really insecure (unless you really rub their noses in it).

It suggests that you are very fit which would obviously make you more attractive physically and I've never heard a guy say "Eww, I hate girls that run" so I imagine it may be a positive.

Relax about it. Any guy that refuses to date a girl just because she's faster than him is a.) In a minority and b.) Has a lot of issues.
    If you enjoy it, it'll make you happy and keep you fit. Both of which are positives for dating and life in general. :)

• To some guys it's a challenge and can lead to flirting kind of like when you talk to a guy in class and he say I bet I can shoot this paper ball in the trash if I make it you give me your number they miss on purpose and make you laugh

• I couldn't care less, because it doesn't matter anymore if you are on your back infront of me.

That being said - women who are extremely competitive are often to be taken with caution as that can imply lots of underlying issues.

• Eh yeah sure. I'm overweight so any fit girl will probably kick my butt. However I'd kill her on the bike.

• yes of course. who wants a girl who is not better than him in anything. Even if you were better at me than me in math I would find that attractive

• I don't find athletic girls attractive at all.

• If you're getting that from guys you're dating the wrong kind of guys

• I think being a fast runner is great for a girl in case she ever runs into a psycho it can save her life.

• This comment made my day. I actually can't thank you enough!

• Thanks, I always look at the positive.

• It's neutral for me

• Yes, very attracted
    we could train together!

• What does it matter? Unless you're trying to run away from a guy...

• I don't care lol I did track in middle school and it's just not fun in high school.

• I would be attracted to a girl that can do anything better than me

• it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

attraction is about looks and personality, not athletic ability.

• If you continuously pass them, mock them, and generally make them feel like they're under you, then yeah it'll sound like you're a showoff. It'll even hurt people with low self-esteem (I know it'd hurt me...). But as long as you're a nice person, I don't think it'll be that bad.

• sounds very attractive i would love it

• Why would that matter at all?

• No, I actually stopped pursuing a girl because she intimidated me. She was super into fitness and I wasn't so I couldn't keep up.