Have you ever been blocked for being right or because the person wanted the last word?

Here on GAG I've been blocked on numerous occasions by people for no good reason. For example, I was just "arguing" over the geography of a certain and I provided credible sources and the person decided to say I'm still wrong then blocked me from commenting. This has happened more than once. Another was where I was trying to explain molestation statistics and provide facts as the person asked but they just decided to block me before even letting me provide sources.

Keep in mind, no hostility or rude remarks were ever made.

• Yes, I've been randomly blocked by people like this.
  • Never happened to me.
Or block you just because you disagree or randomly for some unknown reason or because they can't take a joke (a non offensive one!)

I once got blocked by a guy for suggesting that he was using his cute pet to pick up girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• All the bloody time. Annoying when I spend 5 minutes looking for a funny gif only for me to be blocked.

What Guys Said 24

• Yes, this has happened to me on several websites, and even a few times here on GAG (although I've found out this is more of a rare thing on GAG.)

People just don't want to hear the truth or face reality sometimes. It could be a stack of evidence to support your views and they will block you. Other times, people despise the idea that you might have an opinion which differs from theirs.

It's funny you mentioned the last word part, because this girl here on GAG was arguing with me on here and she got the very last word in and blocked me. People are immature and closed-minded.

It doesn't anger me but it is quite pathetic I must say.

• This blocking game is really stupid, unless someone is being threatening, abusive or being overly sexual. In thes cases, you can always use the report to admin button.

People who use the block feature are shooting themselves in the foot. They block the very person who might have the only plausible answer to their next question, and they will never get the answer!!

When it comes down to it, I don't care who blocks me. Thatis their loss, not mine!!

• Yeah some guy was in an argument with me. He knew I was winning so he said something and then blocked me so it was left looking like he had put me in his place.
    I messaged a friend on here and told them to post my response and to let everyone know that he actually blocked me lol.

• Yea and I'm sure I've been blocked on many occasions without realizing it. Before this site was in this current layout there were issues where you could still see questions from people who blocked you and there would be numerous occasions where I would write responses just to find out I was blocked.

Now with this current layout I've found out I was blocked when replying and using the mention feature. The reasoning behind me getting blocked I couldn't tell ya because many I feel were just plain discussions and I can only guess a person was getting heated at their computer and I didn't realize it.

• I have been blocked by an over sensitive girl saying I was an a hole pretty much and sexist when all I was doing was saying something that a study actually said about a difference between men and women. I was not being sexist (not really) the girl was just wanting to be offended you know those people that are constantly looking for reasons to be offended.

• Also I have had a girl post one mean comment on my question to I think and then block me instantly from replying.

• Yea, it's stupid to block people just for disagreeing, but at least you looked like the bigger person, ignoring her on the comment.

• Yeah I mean o my gosh men and women's bodies are different. It does not mean men have better bodies than women or women have better bodies than men they are just different and people should be happy with their gender.

• sometimes i've noticed i've been blocked WITHOUT a reason... there was a gal here, and i sent her some (non-creepy) messages and she responded politely... then after some hrs she blocked me... oh well. my possible x-planation would b she did it by mistake :|

• I sometimes get the feeling people block me without a reason just under the claim that 'I'm a fake', it got so annoying that I ended up posting a proof that I'm real wth

• @Remonster I actually agree with @Klattu51 on this. It is a weird reason to block someone. If someone has been constantly messaging you and ignoring the fact you are not interested in private messaging on here then I could understand it but judging on what @Klattu51 posts on GAG I do not believe he is that sort of guy. To be scared of people to that level is not a good thing.

• @Remonster I just think you should at least have the decency to let someone know you are not interested in private messaging before you just go and block them strait away.

• When I get blocked I consider myself the victor

• I've been blocked for no apparent reasons and I only find out after I try upvoting or downvoting them

• That's the most annoying bit, really. They should make a label that shows your as blocked to that user before you even start typing the comment or upvote. It's really annoying. I can't be expected to keep track of those who blocked me.

• @Remonster yeah that's true bro

• I had a little misunderstanding with one guy. Tried to clear it up and he went mental, insulted and swore at me and then blocked me before I could say 'wtf?'

I've never had that happen in a normal conversation though.

• Always yes. Usually by the pro-lifers questions. They will block anyone who doesn't agree with them that abortion is murder. Also the people who ask questions about religion.
    I know I shouldn't bother answering those anymore, but I just thinks it's fun for them to figure out that other people have different opinions.

• I have seen it happen but never happened to me.

• Hah, happens all the time, mostly on religious debates.

• I've been blocked several times right after the blocker asked me a question. Basically they wanted to make it look like I was too much of a coward to reply back or they wanted to make it seem like I lost the argument.

• Hahah yeah some people just have such big egos I don't block anyone I just play mind games with them or out smart them and make them feel like garbage.

• yeah sometimes by feminazis i try to debate. they just try to twist my words so i fit in their misandry scheme. most times they ignore me in the end, because they just hate to be wrong.

• Ah yes I know them all too well. I don't even engage with them anymore because the mentally ill can't be reasoned to. Or actually that's wrong. Even a nutcase is more sane than those girls.

• I think even though they just act harsh, it will still be on her mind for some time, maybe make her question her views even if she won't admit it.

• who are those people... maybe their willing enough to block me.

• Yep and I often return the favour :D

• I have 1,152 alerts because I got tired of that. I have better things to do than talk to people.

• Numerous times.

• Yep just got blocked lmao

• wondering if those sad people do like this in real life

• People show their worst, online behind a screen.

• Man its a trend here, people are very sensitive, insecure n coward who block you without any interactions

• Yes it happens nothing you can do, i just don't argue
    sometimes your better off being the better person and
    just ignore them they aren't worth it and that's what i do
    if someone makes a rude comment on my opinion and
    downvotes me too they are blocked it's as easy as that
    i don't like blocking one but i don't deal with hate either
    over petty things also found out that once you report
    someone for harassment whether you block them or not
    they are automatic blocked from contacting you.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, loads of times. It's really fucking annoying.

• It happens A LOT on here, unfortunately the people that seem to be especially keen on blocking others just because they don't tell them what they want to hear are usually anon

• Yeah I have. The most stupid time was when a girl made a pretty ignorant comment and then another girl attached her for it (yeah it was a stupid comment but the 2nd girl went too far with her attacks), so I stood up for the ignorant girl and she blocked me? She literally blocked me for standing up for her (she actually blocked us both but still)

• It has not happened to me but I have blocked people that want to get the last word and go back and forth.

• Yep they want the last word so they type a lot of crap then block me so I look like I didn't know what to say.

• I've been blocked a few times, but then again i've blocked a few people too.

• I've been blocked by people I've never even spoken to before LOOL...

• Yep, it happens from time to time.