Let's go back to year 2005. How did you assume internet would be a decade later?

2005 seem to b so old now... doesn't it? gosh GAG didn't even x-ist then! o_O

Anyway, how did u assume internet would b after 10 years (if u were usin internet back then)

Personally I’d never thought internet would b “conquered” by fb, twitter, instagram, and 1k ads after a decade. Tbh I always assumed it’ll remain da same LOL…foolish thought?

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't start using the Internet until 2006 i was old enough
    for sure to be on the internet but didn't get on the computer
    to like year 2006, i was once at my local library there was a
    power failure and their computers went down i thought omg
    i broke their computer Unbelievable within 1 year i was
    restoring windows to my computer and taught myself stuff
    i never knew just by reading online ,,

• nice... wot made u use da internet then by 2006?

• Your welcome and thanks for your questions :)

• Thank You for Mho :)

What Girls Said 9

• I figured we would have no privacy and I was right... I didn't guess bullying and trolls would be a thing of the future.

• did u use internet in 2005? quite surprised o_O

• ah ok... thought u were usin forums and online communities :D

• Lol no I the first time I ever started really using the internet was around 10 or 11 and MySpaxe was still popular.

• i've been using the internet since 95 (actually 88 if you count the black screen with green characters) and i never really forecasted anything

• You're right. I didn't even know back then what the internet was. It was pretty much the least I cared about but now it is very important in our lives, it's way to overused. Of course it has positive sides too, like education, but most of the time this is not the case.

• uhh i only used it to play flash games back then xD

• My parents did not give me access to Internet then. :p :p

• I didn't even use the internet or even know what the internet was back then XD

• That Facebook would never be cooler than MySpace...

• I think I expected holograms by now..

• I wanted ad free net, but sadly it is exact opposite

What Guys Said 5

• Back in 2005, I was still on cable internet.

I NEVER thought we would ever have this "Wifi" internet, I thought it would be cable-tied internet forever (and thank sweet God it didn't last forever.) I remember those days my parents forced me off the internet just to make a phone call. I also never thought we would be able to get on the internet through our phones (back in 2005, I had one of those ancient Nokia phones which were only used for texting and calling.)

On the other hand, I expected more too. I thought we would have every college online by now (which would have been nice for me) and I thought we would have advanced internet options to film people through the internet in public (which would be epic.) Then again, I was only 14/15 years old in 2005, so maybe my expectations were unrealistic anyway.

I love this question by the way!

• actually internet on yer phone x-isted in 2005... i had a Sony Ericsson P900 back then. it was one of da very first smartphones, and it had GPS as well.

• @Asker That may be true but at the time, I didn't know that.

Teenagers back in the early to mid 00's rarely had cell phones in the first place, and if they did, it was the very basic phones with only calling and texting. At least that's how it was here in the United States.

• i had a phone since i was 7-8 LOL

i remember how my classmates went crazy bout it, and they wanted me 2 hand it over 2 em. i believe it's good havin a phone at a young age, as long as u know how 2 use it

• I assumed it'd be faster. I was right!! :D

• i didn't even have a computer then lol!
    i had to go to the public library and was limited to an hour a day
    and the only thing i would do was go on cartoon network. com in order to play games lol

• I can't remember how I felt but I would not have predicted the trend of social media

• I guess there was no porn back in a decade... No Facebook, Twitter, YouTube... GAG was there back in a decade?