Why do guys always try to impress their friends?

I'm so sick of having every guy make fun of or belittle girls or even other males that their friends do not like and them laughing together about it. I realize this may not be the case with MEN who are more mature but I've even seen 40+ year olds do this. Why are guys so worried about impressing their friends? It's not like they're going to be around forever (your friends that is).

Most Helpful Guy

• I only try to out do my friends its in my competitive nature, thats how i impress them be beating them lol

But i have never talked poorly about females, when i was growing up my sister raised me, and my mom was busy working
    Those women supported me, when men talk shit and belittle girls, i always think, They must not honor their female family members and their for they honor no woman

Its about respect and honor

What Guys Said 7

• Well, immature men / guys whatever you want call them
    like to impress their friends they have no life they like
    to look big and all they are is assholes..

• The male ego is a strange and sometimes weird/cruel thing

• Because people like to impress others regularly?

• sad but true... some guys will never mature at all

• Cause it makes us feel good about ourselves. Like a boost to the ego. ;D

• to look cool it's stupid

• To attract the opposite sex.

Same reason women compete and judge each other's looks (far more harshly than a man would) and slut shame. Jockeying for status.

It happens basically all your life, just the form changes. Guys get bigger, better jobs and cars. And women... well, they keep slut shaming.

What Girls Said 0