What happens if you're driving without a license with kids?

im nervous to get my license but a good driver. i have 4 kids and want to know what happens if i get caught driving a car without a license.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm.. I don't know.
    A lot of people do that here, but I've never heard of anyone getting caught.
    I think you should just get your license.

What Guys Said 4

• Depends where you are and how cool the cop is. I forgot mine at home while on my way to work and the moron registered me as some 16 year old kid from Monterey, CA. I was 25 and in college. Whatever, I had to show up to court and show them my ID. They laughed, said sorry, then let me go.

Other cops may just let you go with a warning.

But those examples I gave you were if you already had a license but forgot it at home. What if you don't have a license at all? Well, that's a good question. I imagine the same thing but just get your license, it's not a big deal.

• Major trouble and social services

• Driving without a lisence fine and jail, child endangerment... really not worth it and since you have no lisence you probably have no insurance which will cause you to also get another fine jail time and points off your lisence if your even allowed to get one

• Jail. Jail happens. And child services takes your kids away.

What Girls Said 2

• I know that you can get in enough trouble just getting caught driving without a license (though I'm not sure exactly what), but it would probably be a lot worse if you had the kids in the car with you. Your custody of your kids might even be threatened.

• If you get caught you can be fined $100-$1000 for a first offense. However, if your kids are in the car when you're pulled over they might take on other charges like child endangerment as well. I think that's jailtime but I'm not sure.