Will it ruin my chance for MIT?

Okay if I were to fail a test in the 7th grade... Will it ruin my chance to go to MIT?

Omg!!! I took the test!!! I passed with flying colors!!! I scored the highest out of 4 percent of the United States!!! Thank you for help!!! Omg I'm so happy!!! MIT here I come!!! Open the door for a new successful story!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• No. 9th grade and up are the only classes they look at usually. And they can't see individual test scores you get in classes just the overall grade.

• I'm talking about a state test... I'm home schooled..

• As long as you did your best then you're not a failure. I know how you feel I've had a rough time with important tests as well and felt awful the rest of the day. Just try and relax and not think about it there's nothing more you can do at this point. Do something that you enjoy like if you read exercise play games/instruments or whatever. You'll feel better, I assure you :)

• I scored the highest out of 4 percent of the United States!!

What Guys Said 5

• It will definitely ruin you chances to go to MIT straight out of 7th grade.

If you do well on tests at higher levels, which takes in the material you should have learned in 7th grade, then what you did in 7th grade should make little difference.

• No you should be fine, I don't think they look back that far plus its all about your total grades I believe not the individual ones.

• It looks like you already found your answer, but anyways it won't. Middle school barely matters and individual tests don't matter. Colleges look at GPA (unweighted and weighted), course rigor, and ACT/SAT scores and extracurricular activities may help. If you don't understand this, you'll learn in high school, which is what matters more

Also, what do you want to study at MIT?

• Thanks! I want to major in engineering.

• Lol its this
      www.olyarms.com/.../k3b-14.5-le.jpg
      The "evil" rifles that California, and the North East hate xD

• Wow..

• Is 7th grade in the middle school but not high school? (I am not an American so I am not sure on American system.) They do not put a lot of attention on your work prior to your high school time.

• People that get into MIT don't fail 7th grade tests.

• I know..

• In your face!!! Thank you though for giving me discouragement!!

What Girls Said 1

• WHy don't you go to their website and look at their admissions requirements. Then you'll know exactly what you need to do to get in.