Is it bad that I have decided to be single for the rest of my life?

I have given it a lot of thought and I have decided that I will be single for the rest of my days. The reason is because of how bad I am with Women. I simply have no luck with them ( my looks don't make it any better either). I've been screwed over by them so many times that I've lost count. That's why I've decided to focus on school and my goals to keep my mind off women. My family and friends think it's a bad idea, but i think it's the best thing for me. Is my decision bad? I just don't want to get screwed over by women anymore. It sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everyone is meant to be in a relationship thats all

What Girls Said 6

• I'm single too you know and 21. You're 22 a year old than me. I know more single people around our age than taken people. I haven't given up on love but I'm not really actively looking either. I believe love will find me when I least expect it and till then I'm focusing on being happy alone and building friendships. I've been screwed over too but that's not my reason. I think it's wrong to assume all guys or women are the same just because of a few bad experiences. Essentially you are harboring bitterness and resentment if you do that and could miss out on really great people.

• Whatever works for you. But maybe you'll find someone incredibly special when you'll least expect it.

• Whatever. Singleness can be awesome. Relationships are overrated. It's your reason for staying single that's more so "bad". Don't write off an entire gender just because you've had some unsuccessful experiences with a few people of that gender. You may need to take a look at yourself and the kind of women you seek out. You also may need to think about what it is YOU bring to the table.

• i think it is fine for now.. focus on your studies.. and you will not get depressed over being single.. and when someone special will come in your life.. you will change your decision..

• some people are meant to be alone I guess

• No, there are people that choose to be single.

What Guys Said 15

• Not gonna lie, at 22 it seems pretty silly to me. Chances that you change your mind within the next month are like 99.99%.

That said, I think it's totally cool to focus on yourself in the interim. But yeah, swearing off a lifetime of romantic relationships at 22? That's not realistic.

• no it is a great idea just to focus on your studies. overall we find better more fulfilling relationships when we let them develop naturally rather than trying to force them into what we want.

• I made one very bad experience too when I was 16. It turned out that she was leading me on. I was too inexperienced to see through this and too immature to tell her to fuck off. I've had your attitude for the past 2 years. I was also depressed for 2 years.
    I've overcome it and the girls seem to like me in general.
    You got to know the wrong ones. Keep your eyes open and be open for new relationships. you're damn young , it'd be a waste if you kept to your current attitude...

• Not necessarily bad but maybe a thought that it would be okay if I was single for the rest of my life rather than a cut off decision

• It depends why you want to go single. If it will make you genuinely happier to do so, then do it. But if you doing it out of the fact that you give up, that's bad. its that trait alone that will work more against you than your looks.

• It's good to focus on your goals in life which is what I'm focused on to. By not looking for relationships it'll be less likely to be in one but that doesn't mean it still can't happen with your plan. Just focus on your life and interact with women courteously like you would any other person and who knows maybe you'll bump into the right girl along the way to your goals.

• It's okay to focus on other things at this point in your life, but I guarentee you that you will meet a girl you want to be with one day. It would be a shame if you would let her pass because you made a decision to be single for the rest of your life. So just decide to be single for now, but don't let setbacks in your teen years decide your entire life.

• It's bad don't be single forever

• thing is, life is hard. you have to fight, over, and over, to grt anything good. persistence is mandatory.

giving up is failure.

• As long it is your choice to be single, then it's not bad.

Sorry if this sounds gay, but you are good looking guy. I have seen guys who looks a lot worse and are married with children.

• Nothing wrong with being single, it works. ery well for some people. But who knows, may be one day you will meet a girl who doesn't want to screw you over?

• there's no right or wrong answer to it, if u find peace and happiness in your choice, by all means do it!!

• "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

It's all matter of perception.

Ultimately the choice is really yours to decide, and other people should respect that and should not judge you or otherwise for your decision.

Honestly ask yourself these questions:

Do you feel you are going judged and looked down upon by other people for your decision to be single for life?

Or do you even give a shit what they really think?

Other things that comes to mind are questions related to things like financial and emotional obligations. Do you want any more of those obligations than you currently already have? Do you feel or think it is absolutely really worth pursuing a relationship regardless of what obligations it will come with?

Other than that, then there's the questions on the future life-changing decisions? Do you eve want to become somebody's father and have children of your own? If the financial and emotional obligations are already a definite NO then, you can forget about this part. Having a wife and children will absolute come with additional financial and emotional obligations, that is unless you want to be a deadbeat or something.

Are you really worried and concerned about being single for life?

If so, why? Does it have to be because you are feared that you'll be judged in some negative way? Loneliness?

I've learned to just let it go. People can and ultimately will die. Even if you have a girlfriend or wife, one of you will eventually die before the other, typically. Thus, leaving the other behind. Hate to break it to you, but it is reality and it comes with more tragedy than anything else.

• It's not bad, but it's not exactly good either.
    It's good that you've decided to focus on more important things but it's bad because of your age because you're still young. Maybe take a year or two to focus on what is important and then focus on women.

• It gives you a good reason to "be slutty"