What are some easy and/or uncommon languages to learn?

I'd really like to learn (at least the basics of) a language (excluding English). Please suggest some :)

Most Helpful Guy

• German?
    It's a bit tricky at first, but they are REALLY consistent with the "rules" of the language, so as long as you learn the rules, and learn the sentence structure, the rest is down to vocabulary.
    It is in fact considered to be a lot easier than English . The reason it SEEMS so hard is because they use gramatical clauses (casus systems), making the sentence structure a bit different. But once that is down, it's easy peesy.

• A few people have suggested German so I'll look into it. When did you learn it?

• in school.
      Chose it as my third language (yeah, over here you need to learn norwegian, English , and a third language for a lot of the education lines), so 3 classes per week over 5 years. Can't say i remember much XD
      But wasn't too hard

Most Helpful Girl

• There are five levels of difficulty, level five being the hardest; tell me which level and I'll tell you a language of that level.

What Guys Said 4

What Girls Said 10

• In my opinion Italian was the easiest to learn. :D

• Depends where you are based. But Spanish is good to know and of course russian and chinese. In Europe , also learn french and german.

• French is such a common language to learn though, I might try Spanish or Russian

• Portuguese ;)

• Tajhik? I don't know if it's easy though.

• Try
    1) Russian
    2) Bulgarian
    3) Icelandish
    4) Turkish
    5) Greek

• Chinese? For me French was the easiest to learn.

• I'd prefer learning a Latin based language, they're easier and I don't think I'll go to Asia. Thanks 😊

• A few people have suggested German or Italian so probably one of those

• Oh yeah Italian wad quite easy for me as well

• Hindi is uncommon but tough language and then their is Chinese and Russian.

• I might try Russian, Chinese and Hindi seem difficult

• They are very difficult and you need more tongue movement for them which is not much required in English .

• German, is quite easy. That's if your naturally an English speaker. However, any language is much easier when you're living in the country. I can speak Arabic fluently.

• English is my first language, so I might try German

• German is easy as is italian

• If you want a language that absolutely no one speaks, try one of those almost-dead Native American languages. But what are you going to do with it if you can't talk to anyone? That's what languages are for.

I think those tribes like Lakota, Cherokee, Navajo etc. all have their own languages. They look extremely hard though.

Or you could try Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Norwegian/Swedish, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Pashto