Do you think the way your parents raise you has an effect, an impact on whether or not you will have ambition, take your future seriously?

I know and am completely aware that there comes a time, an age in which you can't blame your parents anymore, in which personal responsibility, accountability becomes way more expected of you than ever before, but I still believe the way your parents raised you has a long-term impact on your attitude, mindset, towards and about life, reality, in which it will take a long time to break out of old, bad-habits that were a result of your parental upbringing.

Anyway, do you think the way your parents raised you has an impact on a persons ambition, drive, being career-oriented, motivation in life, taking their future seriously? Future in terms of your career, becoming independent and financially stable, etc? Or are other factors involved?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's the very core of who you become.

• But sometimes you can change that.

It doesn't have to be that way.

• huh?

• Well guys are always told to be a man, man up, but I don't think there is a female equivalent to grow some balls

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• My parents raised me not to worry about material things and if I had kids I would teach them same thing too.

• I would imagine it's very well the case often times, and sadly, I feel it has worse effect on guys than it does on girls because it seems every action or area of a guys life has an impact on his ability to get a girlfriend, get laid, etc.