Are you ever afraid you're not going to wake up?

I have to go to bed and I get these scared moments like right now, a feeling that I'm I'm not waking up as in I'm going to die and it frightens me.

713

Most Helpful Guy

• Why be frightened of not waking up anymore? It's probably the nicest death you could imagine. It's definitely the way I wanna die. And if it happens this way, I don't care much when it happens because once I'm dead, I won't care anymore anyway. Being dead without having to go through the pain and the realizing "crap, I'm dying", doesn't that sound great? It's like going to sleep without noticing that you're falling asleep. One moment you're here and next moment you're gone. And the advantage of being dead is that you don't even get to be sad about it.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, had that feeling and many other terrifying feelings. Don't think it's unusual to think about all the terrible things that may happen. Good thing is, thinking about it doesn't make it more probable...

• Awe i get them moments that is bad when
    you get that bad i think you have lot on your mind
    but hope you have a pleasant night and blessed one :)

• That is odd I will probably think about it tonight

• No I am not afraid of death... and trust me to even if you die in your sleep its the easiest death you will ever get... LOL 😊

• I know exactly what you mean. Yes, all the time. I even had my entire body tested at the hospital to make sure everything was working right.

• Then your problems will be over. Part of freedom is accepting that you don't have control over everything. Go to bed.

• I just watched a video on a philosopher who explained that concept, it's probably why I'm thinking about it

• Luckily my neighbours make sure that I do.

• Take note of Garth Brooks song "If tomorrow never comes" We all should do this every day...

• At least if you do die, it will be in your sleep.

• no. I always worry about not getting enough sleep lol

• For myself, very much.

For others, i could not care less.

• we will already die anyway

What Girls Said 7

• It is called 'Death Anxiety'. It is usually only experienced by the terminally ill, and the very elderly. If it is an ongoing problem, or starts to impead on your everyday, seek professional help.

• nope not really... tbh

• I do sometimes, and I get thoughts like, "Should I say I love you just in case?"

• Not really. If it's your time, you can't do anything about it. That's why you have to live every single moment of your life to the fullest. #YOLO

• Well... It's better than being hit by a bus. :P

• I was afraid.

• Sometimes...