Why do black people insist that the Ancient Egyptians, Santa Claus and Jesus Christ were black when it is completely illogical?

I'm not saying all black people believe this but an overwhelming amount do. Here's what we know: 1) The modern Egyptians are directly descended from the Ancients (meaning they are Arab), yes there are black Arabs by nationality but there are no black ethnic Arabs (unless they're mixed).
2) Santa Claus was from Greece, where he was from is now Turkey (Turks are white/brown by ethnicty so... not black)
3) Jesus Christ was Palestinian. Need I say more?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if the Nation of Islam and the 3 percenters are right then we all came from blacks. Egyptians were black. Hell Egypt is in AFRICA!! They were black until the Greeks came in and then the Arabs took over. The Arabs are rather mixed (which includes black race). Santa Claus isn't black, but he did come from the middle east (a place in Turkey to be exact). His real name is Sinterclaus (or something to that degree). Santa Claus also came from the Viking god Odin. So all in all you could say he's Turkish or you could say he was white. Either way who gives a fuck? He's not real. Jesus Christ was also born in the middle east and at a time when the middle east was mostly mixed. Nobody said Jesus was black, but he sure as hell isn't white. Not THIS Jesus:

345poet.files.wordpress.com/.../...-pictures-3.jpg

• To add to that what white man has bronze colored feet without tanning?

• @HereForTheDay No there is DNA evidence that Ancient Egyptians are Nubian. Nubian people are black. This doesn't even account for all the writings from Greek scholars who refer to the Egyptians as being "dark skinned". They even referred to themselves as dark skinned and you can clearly see that it's dark skinned people in their artwork. I mean the level of ignorance here is laughable.

• Though Nubian people can also be referred to as Arabs and Arabs are rather mixed. Some are mostly black some are mostly Caucasian. The Ancient Egyptian ones were mostly black. Unless you want to include Cleopatra and the Greeks lol.

What Guys Said 10

• Well, if Santa Claus were really from the northern climes he would likely be pale. As for the rest---and I hope this doesn't come as too much of a shock to your delicate sensibilities---Christ and the Egyptians WERE dark skinned. This is well-established historical fact.

• I didn't say they weren't dark skinned, I said they weren't black. There is a very distinct difference.

• Apparently, you are not too observant. First of all, there are no “black” or “white” people. In other words, no one is white as alabaster or black as anthracite coal. We are all shades of brown, my friend.

Second, there is so much variation between ethnicities that there is always some overlap. I have known any number of Middle-Easterners and Indians who were darker than some light-skinned Africans.

Besides, why are you so obsessed with this anyway? How is it relevant to anything? Egyptians still had one of the most advanced cultures for their day and Jesus Christ revolutionized our perspectives on spirituality and philosophy, regardless of their skin tone.

• Well, Its quite likely, that we ALL evolved from a human being who was once black.

And, I'm not liking your 'Fact's' on 'Santa Clause', Your 25-29 ffs, Surely you should know he's not real by now? xD.

• Santa Claus is derived from Saint Nicholas... I thought you would get that, lmao!

• And recently evidence of human life was found in Israel which is predicted to be 40,000 years older than the skeletons in Africa so... science tells us something new everyday.

• I have never put that much thought into it and since Santa and Jesus are symbols it is irrelevant to the believer what race they are so if different races make them their race so be it.

• I think by saying black, they mean "not white according to American standarts". And they're right, none of them are supposed to be white from a logical point of view.

• If everyone's descended from the first man then we are all black. Besides, they just want to identify with something, I mean, it's like every character in every story is white. I can see how that might be crappy for black folk. Name one fictional black dude that is generally celebrated the world around. See?

• The reason people say Egyptians were black because they were and were also drawn black with very curly hair in many of their art works.

• Ancient Egyptians might be black, today's Egyptians are heavily mixed with the Greeks, Arabs and Turks.

• Ancient Egyptians were Semites just like Arabs, Saint Nicolas or Nikolaos was Greek and of course Jesus was Semite... Blacks were Nubians and pretty powerful eventually they were enslaved by the Egyptians and Persians

• Well, we have modern Egyptians and there have been DNA tests to show lineage back to the DNA they have from ancient mummies. There have been a lot of studies of some mummy DNA. They were Caucasion. So that is a fact.

Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas was Nikolaos of Myra. We have paintings of him. He was white
    orthodoxws.com/.../st_nicholas_myra_500.jpg
    Jesus, well he was an ethnic jew so he was white (although likely had dark hair).
    No one really believer that do they... that those people were black. Not that it really matters...

• Here, on the ancient Egyptians: "In general, various DNA studies have found that the gene frequencies of modern North African populations are intermediate between those of the Horn of Africa and Eurasia,[18] though possessing a greater genetic affinity with the populations of Eurasia than they do with Africa"
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt

• These are just rumours n misinformations.

What Girls Said 5

• There's controversy as to whether the Egyptians were black or not, so it's not like it's completely proven that they weren't. I study classical civilisations so we've done a little bit on that before and there is evidence to say that they could have been black (e. g. melanin levels).

I do agree however on the Santa and Jesus bits. Jesus was a Palestinian Jew, so no, he most likely wouldn't have been black. Although there were black people who did convert to Judaism at that time, it was much more likely that Jesus, as he was middle Eastern, wouldn't have been black.

• Yep, I've noticed black and white people overlook and erase Middle Easterners when they discuss these topics which is pretty shitty when you take into account the fact that they accuse each other of erasure.

• Okay, all of these figures may not hace been black anthropologically, as in from the Negroid race, but they certainly were not white, and had darker skin.

The thing is a lot of Ancient Egyptian artwork depicted people who were evidently darker complected with an Afro hair texture, so yes some Ancient Egyptians were in fact black. Also, note that many Ancient Egyptian artifacts have their noses missing. This was done by Europeans to disguise the 'blackness' of them.

The way Jesus Christ is depicted modernly is completely inaccurate. There is no way a man as pale as he was would have been able to survive in the Middle East. He surely would have suffered from 10 different forms of skin cancer.

• Well there were black Egyptians it's depicted in some art work so we know for 1) a fact they were there. I dot think they're all black because like any industrial society it's diverse. Unfortunately most of those negroid people were slaves.
    2) I don't know about that one but some people like to have their kids inspirational figures be the same race so that the kid can feel better about themselves.
    3) I don't really care about this one but I know I some Palestinian people who identify as black and believe Palestinians are black. But this isn't too far fetche because for some reason Jesus is depicted as a tall white guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. So...

• The image of Santa Claus doesn't bother me, it's the fact that black and white people fight about it and call each other distorters when in reality they're both wrong.
      There is no such thing as a black ethnic Palestinian.

• Also with the Egyptians being black there's the idea that they were considered a highly undeveloped negroid society because many white civilizations didn't want to believe that black people were smart enough to create a functional industrialized society (social Darwinism). But once they realized they were a smart people and one worth fraternizing with started to consider them a middle eastern society.
      But that's just a theory by historians

• err... Out of the three.

Ancient Egyptians were Black Africans. The rulers were white and had taken on African women as wives. The Muslim Arabs invaded Egypt in middle ages and brought Sunni Islam to them.

• Santa came from Poland actually