Is there a miss conception that Black Americans don't like fishing, hunting a camping?

So I used to work for a big outdoors store and I heard from corporate that a consulting agency walked into corporate and saw every executive and upper management was the same looking middle aged peppered hair white guys. So over the next few months they started letting go and hiring a more diverse leadership. To help diversify the company's brand.
Some my co-workers started joking next they'll start making dorags and grills (for teeths) with the company's brand. Then I went fishing in my home state of Alaska about 100 miles out of the city on a fast out of the way moving river where people line up shoulder to shoulder for the red salmon run. I saw a handful of black people fishing. Then I got home I texted one of my friends from college who happened to be black "hey dude I just saw some black people fishing!!!" Jokingly and he was surprised. Saying he doesn't know any black people who fish, granted he lives in the city I went to college in that is very urban.
Why is hunting and fishing in generally more of a white thing? I know here in Alaska, Asians love to fish but still hunting and fishing is mainly done by native Americans and Caucasians, I do see a few black/people of color (not sure how to politically correctly phrase it) fish but only like 1 out of 20 fisherman are well... of color.
I saw a report on Real Sports by Brian Gumbell on the decline of black atheletes in baseball and how the San Francisco Giants have been the first team to win the World Series without a single black player on the team. At the end if the report he was somber when saying that most baseball players polled said the reason they started playing baseball was because of their father or father figure. He then went on and stated that we are at a time when one in three black children are growing up without a father. Could this be the same with out door activities?

Most Helpful Guy

• The majority of the black population is concentrated in urban areas now, so it's not a viable activity for most people.

It's the same reason basketball is the most popular sport among blacks... Easier to build a court in the city than a baseball diamond. The other reason you don't see as many black baseball players today is because MLB has focused their development effort (and money) overseas rather than domestically because the sport is more popular there.

What Girls Said 1

• I guess depending where you are, you typically see white people fish, go hunting or w/e oppose to black people or any other race. #shrug

What Guys Said 3

• I live in Texas and I'm white, far as I'm aware black folks, white folks and brown folks all enjoy fishin and huntin just the same. I reckon things can be harder for black and brown people so they might not have the luxury of headin out for recreation like white people do, least in the U. S..

• No, but there's an accurate conception that Blacks don't speak or write English very well.

• I feel bad fo those peppered haired white guys who got let go. How hard is it to find a job in your fifties. They should take your company up for unfair dismissal due to race. The line on the color bar should never be an issue when it comes to employment or keeping your job.