If the FBI breaks down your door, and later you are proven innocent, do they have to pay for it?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• I know that if the police even accidentally break down the wrong door then OOPS head over to the right door to break down they don't pay for it. There was a news story where my husband is from where a man went to the news to complain that this happened to him. His door was broken down, he was shaken up, and they left after frightening him to peruse the correct person at a similar address when they realized they were in the wrong place. Not fair. They really should right a wrong when they destroy property and hurt innocent people.

• no they don't

• If they have a search warrant, no they are able to search your house.

What Guys Said 7

• they should lose their job in my opinion

• You have a case to sue alright.

• I don't know about that.. I don't live in the US. In the UK if they bust your door open they have to pay if proven innocent. We do have the best Police in the world.. Js.

• Nope they don't legally, but they should morally.

• Nope. Nice of our government. They can destroy your life but they won't pay for their mistakes.

• no, they probably won't, they would expect you to pay for the gas the used getting to your house

• Nope, since you were not convicted then found innocent

• so u have to buy the new door yourself... god thats not fair

• wow that sucks...

• It does, that's why plead bargains are created, we have so many cases that without them the justice system would be packed to its neck 19 times around the world.

Don't ever accept a plead bargain, unless you get something worth it