Why are u afraid from death?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 12

• When I first became a christian at 14 I had nightmares about going to hell every time I disobeyed one of Christ's teachings. The bible says all kinds of people go to hell: fearful people, unbelievers, impure people, unjust people, people who worship the physical world, materialistic people, ALL people who tell lies, people who have sexual thoughts outside of marriage, people who hurt other people's feelings, people who slander others, people who are unprincipled, people who live for pleasure instead of love, people who are righteous in their own eyes, people who think they are better then others, people who are superficial etc...

• Because I have no idea what will happen after I die (since I'm atheist and very scientific I kind of believe it will be just a void, but then again, what's a void like? ), if it will be painful and having to leave loved ones behind is such a horrible thought.

• For so many reasons:
    - I don't know what happens after we die or if it happens something
    - the idea of being buried or cremated scares me
    - the fact that I will be no longer able to eat or to listen to music seems very depressing to me
    - I'm afraid of the way I'm going to die. I hope I have a peaceful death
    - sometimes I think: what if meet someone who lived in the past when I die and this idea is horrifying.

• Because i don't want this journey to end. Life is a journey and i'm scared that i haven't made the most of it and the likelihood is that i'l probably end up dying before experiencing even half as much of what the world has to offer. I'm afraid of losing all that i have.

• What is a journey without a destination? You are the chicken crossing the road; to get to the other side is the end goal of this.

• True. I guess you could see it that way but even a chicken crossing the road has its own experiences

• I try not to dwell on the inevitable. I just think
    " ceasing to exist" is a daunting thought though ! It's the fear of the unknow. I fear suffering a prolonged painful death more than death itself

• No one knows what happens after death... I'm a little scared about that.. Like is their heaven & hell? Recarnation? Gone for ever? But I have to accept that this life is not forever this life has an ending...

• I'm not, but I'm not welcoming the day either

• I'm afraid from death because I don't want my life to end never. I love my life so much even though I have difficulties in my life sometimes. I haven't even did the things that I'm afraid of doing yet. Life is amazing :) <3

• I don't know what will happen, so being concious while seeing constant darkness is frightening. People say that your not concious, which is beyond difficult to understand.

• I'm not...

• I'm not.
    I'll peacefully accept death.

• Because I'm a horrible person.

What Guys Said 26

• It is a natural fear to have. I used to be afraid of death and still am to a certain extent but I find that the older I get the less afraid I am of it. When you look at death in the grand scheme of things it really isn't all that bad regardless of your religious affiliations. If you believe in an afterlife then you have great things to look forward to. If you don't then you essentially become whatever you were before you were born. The time before you existed wasn't bad right? I mean, there was no awareness that you weren't alive so what was there to be afraid of and what reason is there to be afraid of going back to that state?

• I don't fear death I embrace it as an inevitability. As a Christian I believe there is another place waiting for me, and wether that place is a punishment or paradise is completely up to me. I want to live my life the best I can by helping others, protecting people, and doing something good with myself. Worrying about death would just get in the way of that.
    It will happen when it does and there is nothing that can stop it so I just accept it.

• I'm not really afraid of death. I'd rather AVOID death, but if it happens, well I won't perceive anything afterwards so I don't really care. I have to pay some bills back, though.

• I can't say that I really am, actually. I kind of like the idea of it, to be honest. It makes every moment that much more precious, and maybe that's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of the traditional afterlife idea. Like, "Who cares if I miss out on love or my dream job or whatever now? I have my whole afterlife to do that!"

• No I am not

• Because All I know is being alive and It really does bother me death

• I'm not, the prospect of death is comforting.

• Why am I afraid FROM death? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking. Did you mean "why am I afraid OF death"?

• because it's "game over"... that's why XD

Also, even if heaven or something else existed... I honestly would prefer to stay alive... despite all, I like this world XD

• "It's the infinity of it. If I can get used to the idea that death is forever, then I won't fear it"

• I am not. Humans are instinctively driven by two main things, sex and death, and I got shortchanged on the first one. Death is to be respected, not feared, understood, but not known.

• Nope. But I am afraid of dying in a non-epic way.

• Because I'm not.

• I'm not afraid to die for my own self meaning I will kill to rid of a problem I'm having POSTjustice, the other side of PREjustice.

• Bcz death is boring... Death is darkness..
    Still m not afraid of death nd as i dont believe in heaven or hell so.. Its just disappearing into dark scares me.
    Does that makes me a coward?

• Not coward but look no evidence on hell or heaven exept the words of got and atheists don't believe in God so u don't really have another prove and they follow theoris and nothing is for sure

• I am not aginst u my friend I say that after death talks always has no evidence I believe in something and u believe in something

• Yes yes!! That's what m saying... That's y I don't want to die... And I dont care if someone says I m a coward.

• I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of pain.

• We're actually good buddies.

• who said I am

• Its the thought of the world continuing and I won't be here anymore, like i guess i would miss out on lots of things lol

• Because I've barely lived yet.

• Many ways of dying involve suffering. Apart from that, death means missing out. That is all.

• I am not afraid of death.

• I'm not afraid
    Dieing is the day worth living for :)

• I'm not afraid of death at all. The only thing I fear is dying a virgin. Seriously.

• Im afraid of missing everyone I love.

• Death is just the ending point to this adventure, and the starting point of a new adventure.