Do you know there is a difference between arrogance and confidence?

Many people think arrogance is actualy confidence. The people who think that are mistaken. If you think you are God's gift to men or women , you call yourself princess, call yourself hot, etc. That is not confidence. That is arrogance. Let other people call you hot, etc. Not call yourself that. Nothing is wrong with knowing you are attractive, the problem is arrogance. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Pretty much everyone knows that there's a difference between confidence and arrogance, I think.

• You would be surprised at how many people have told me that arrogance is actually confidence.

• Yes I can feel the difference.
    Arrogance annoys me but I do like when someone has a bit of confidence.

• the difference is very clear to me. I dont like arrogance, I do like confidence.

• To you it is clear but to many younger people (which many of them are idiots). Don't understand the difference.

• Thank you for pointing that out.

What Guys Said 6

• I think so arrogance is overbearing confidence

• Confidence: "I'm pretty great" or "I like the way I am"

Arrogance: "I'm the best there is" or "I'm better than you at *insert thing here*"

• @Not_Helping No, I know what I said was right. When one declares themselves the best there is, that is arrogance because it is only their own (often misplaced) opinion and not based on any fact. If OTHER people were to say that the person was the best there is, THEN it would be possible that it's true.

Stating that you're great is not baseless nor arrogant because it's not a definitive phrase. There are no facts, scales, nor statistics required to call yourself great. You're just stating that you're great. It would be no different if someone said "I'm really nice" or "I'm cute". Calling yourself the best there is IS definitive and would therefore require facts to back it up because you're comparing yourself to others, more specifically a vast number of people (aka the world population). Even if the phrase were more exact, with the person saying "I'm the best singer there is", they are making a baseless statement that would require being compared to thousands and thousands of others

• who also sing.

If anyone got it backwards, it's you.

• You never defined confidence.

• Confidence is overrated.

• ugly guys are arrogant
    good looking guys are confident

• Have you found a girlfriend?