What can I change about my appearance or personality to be treated like regular people?

I feel like a lot of people treat me differently. At my work, I had so many customers focusing on how small I am, and calling me 'cute', rather than treating me like the other employees. I feel like even though they meant it in a positive way, at the same time, they weren't treating me as serious as they treated the taller and bigger employees. And in school too. Like a lot of people smile at me if they know me and theyre usually really nice around me, and I don't know if it's because of my personality or looks, but I feel like I never know if they actually like me, or if they see me more than just the nice girl or the cute girl. I just want to feel like I'm being taken more seriously by people. I don't want people to just be nice to me just because of my looks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Scar your face?

• ? :/

• oh! lol okay, sorry for jumping to conclusions than! I usually can't tell when people are being sarcastic online

• Just dress more business than business casual and you'll get respect. :)

What Guys Said 4

• I would take it as aa compliment

• So people treat you like you're tiny and cute, because... you are tiny and cute...

What else do you complain about? lol.

• I just wanted to be taken more seriously

• lol now I probably would've said something but before, I didn't exactly hear what she said until her daughter started defending me and Then I realized what she said. But thanks for the advice :)!

• yea, I agree! I think maybe she meant that I should make my voice deeper? But I've always had a soft voice and trying to sound assertive is kind of a challenge for me. But either than my tone, I try to be as professional as possible

• GROW TALLER

• It's kinda hard since I'm already 19 and genetically, my family are on the short-medium height

• Sounds conceited

What Girls Said 1

• just be yourself!