Relieving sunburns?

Went to the pool, used sunscreen and still got burned on chest, arms, legs. What are some relievers? I've put some after sun lotion on It and it soothed it but is there anything else?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• 1. Aloe Vera is a good option
    2. Any moisturizer containing vitamin C &/or E &/or Aloe Vera is a good option too
    3. Stay hydrated
    4. Take more cool showers (hope you did that immediately when you got out of the pool)

Good luck beautiful young lady and take care :)

• Aloe vera for a moisturizer. Aspirin to relieve pain. Drink water and ingest salt, both lost to the sweating and burning. Some of the sports drinks are probably a good idea since they contain many things that would likely need replacing. Sorry you burned yourself and hope you are better in the morning.

• My first aid instructor always said that the products we call in Belgium "flammazine" and "flamigel" (both balsams to treat burns) were also the right treatment for sunburns.
    I don't have a clue if those brand names are just local or sold worldwide. But one thing is really important: when you get a cold feeling, keep yourself warm. Sun burns, just like any burns, make your body lose warmth.
    Also, drink enough... since when you have sunburns you may also have got dehydrated. And heat + dehydration is a dangerous cocktail :o

• I think I read somewhere milk

• Get yourself a bottle of Aloe Vera. It will definitely help. I have my families fair skin due to being Irish and Aloe Vera is a life saver. Because I do not tan and I'm guaranteed to get a sun burn if I forget my sun screen.

• thank you, I have Irish, German, Native American , I do tan though but this was first Time I really was in the sun.

• aloe vera lotion

• That's me your just a pale ghosty XD

• I agree, Aloe helps.

• anything else? I took a warm shower hurt like hell but I've had worse pain lol

• hmmm I'll try that in the morning with cool water. thanks hun your always helpful

• My pleasure :)

• A snow bunny should be hibernating in the summer that's why

What Girls Said 9

• There's tons of stuff you can try depending on what you have laying around the house

www.medicinenet.com/.../views.htm

• Am suffering with this right now, here in Portugal.. so I've been using Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil.. Along with after sun lotion as well, but am not finding it very affective to be honest.

• Aloe vera gel usually helps with sunburns, so does cool milk compress and potato paste.
    Here is a DIY sunburn cream:
    -1 tablespoon of witch hazel
    -1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
    -2-4 teaspoons of baking soda or cornstarch
    -1-2 cups of fresh mint leaves, or 1 teaspoon of peppermint oil
    -2 tablespoons fresh, clean, water

• Put some coconut oil. It helps

• I to burn easily the only thing that relieved the burn a little was Aloe Vera.

• Aloe vera is supposed to work well. I heard cottage cheese helps too lol

• solarcaine spray or aloe vera gel.

• Alovera!!! My burns are killing me. Ice helps too.

• you can actually feel the heat through my work shirt on my arms

• Aloe helps a lot

• I think the stuff I put on has that in it, I took a warm shower hurt like hell but I've had worse pain.