Honestly, what is your first opinion when you see someone with scars marring their skin everywhere?

Most Helpful Guy

• That they have had some problems and need understanding.

What Guys Said 4

• My first opinion is whats the story.. i dont see it as an unattractive thing especially because i have scars on my face some with funny stories, and some scary so i mean i wouldn't be my go to (get to know you question) but if it comes up and she is comfortable telling me then cool if not its non of my business and won't press the matter

• I don't think about it. If she's comfortable telling me about those scars, great. If not, I wouldn't push her

• In all honesty I don't try to form a opinion based off something like heavy scarring. I have no ideas where the scars came from and I have no idea where a person was in their life when they got them. So it seems stupid to from a opinion when I do not have the specifics or know the person.

• I like your point of view (:

• what kind of scars is more like it

• Any kind; self harm, incidental-looking ones

• self harm is a concern regarding her mental health. Other scars I can overlook if she's hot.

What Girls Said 3

• Self-harming scars are like tattoos, and they tell a story. A bad one. If I see scars on the arms I tread lightly because I don't want or need drama in my life. When I was younger I sort of did want drama, dating a guy with those scars but he did in fact, cause drama and a lot of hurt because, even though he hadn't been suicidal for a few years, the issues were still there and he still manipulatively did things to make me feel scared, all to get my attention. My former best friend had her arms all scarred, and it was the same thing. She sucked the life out of me with her mental issues and eventually became increasingly needy and mean all at the same time with me, blaming her illness. It's two of those things I learned from, and unfortunately will not get in to again with people. If someone with those scars wants to make friends, I keep them at arm's length and that's it.

If the scars are things like car accident type marks, work-related cuts or divits, missing fingers, then I think of them like battle scars and love the fact they are survivors.

All other scars mean nothing to me like acne scars, or those ones that people get whrn they're Caesarian-born.

Scars I quite dislike are from facial piercings. I don't like seeing holes in eyebrows or lips. I'd rather see a piece of jewelry there instead.

• I worry. Especially if I know the person. I'm not the I've to judge in a situation like that, and I hope no one would be.

• i dont think anything of it.