I am muslim, my boyfriend Christian my family not want us to get married. How do I convince them?

I am Muslim, My boyfriend Christian. My family not want us to get married. How do I convince them? ?:(

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure can convince them, not if they're devout. Isn't it against your/their beliefs to marry a guy who isn't a muslim?

Which country are you in? If it's a western country just explain that you love him and want to spend your life with him, and that they should see it as better that you get married than not.

• Yes forbidden to marry someone from another religion. I tried everything. I talked to my family but I can not. Everyone is coming against us.

• This means the boyfriend HAS to convert to Islam or forget it.

What Guys Said 11

• Why do you even need to convince them? Do whatever makes YOU happy. Are you gonna be happy if you marry him? If the answer is yes, then marry him.

• Discuss it with them - Listen to their concerns and tell them you love him that you want to be with him.

• If you want to go along with that, then you'll need to elope and never see your family ever again. They don't value you as a person of your own, anyways. It's part of their religion. It's part of YOUR religion.

• This is not true. Everything is so different! But you can not understand

• You don't, you a lop more or less. My cousin is marrying a Muslim man, which is better than your situation, but he basically can't really go back home now...

• Tell them it is your choice, not theirs. If they respect you they will accept that, and once they get to know him better may come to accept him. If they are closed-minded and stubborn they may reject you for a time, but you have to decide what your priority is...

• Both of you should become agnostics and reject your superstitious fairy tales. Then religion won't be a problem. Ta da!

• Why would you pick an infidel as a boyfriend?

• You don't convince them. You end the relationship.

• it's got fuck all to do with anyone else, it's part of your private life just tell them to pipe the fuck down

• you can't convince them. they ll have both your heads on a plate if they want to be good muslims.

• Well shouldn't you have known from the start that Muslim women can't marry non Muslims? You either give up your religion for him or you find someone else.

• I don't want thrm both

What Girls Said 8

• You're over 18.

This is your life and not theirs.

You can respect their decision, however you do not have to follow it.

He is treating you right and is not harming you, I think you should go for it.
    Eventually they may come to terms with it.

• you just want a hope for us, I really love someone for the first time in my life, I do not know what to do

• I don't think convince your boyfriend she change his beliefs! Thats just not right and fair. You won't him to change you would you?

• Say thay he is converted but he is not. Until they know him better they think he is Muslim. They will love him. They will see there is no religion. Just humanity.

• You have the same God and you both follow the old testament. Its only after that that you split. So where is the problem? You can marry and keep each your own religion with respect for the other and later when you have children, let them decide when they are old enough to make a choice.

• You don't convince them, it's your life and your future marriage, do what makes you happy in life.

• I'm sorry but you can't have both, you already know that. If you love him so much, just marry him. But if you don't plan on going against your parents just end the relationship. I'm in the same situation and my boyfriend is going against his family and religion because he loves me and wants to get married. There's no way to convince them, you have to choose.

• They'll never accept him, so don't marry him.

• you can either a) try convince him to convert to your religion, b) insist on raising your kids in your faith if he doesn't want to convert c) let it go or d) break up