Can they throw you in jail?

Let's say you were born in a developed Western country with marriage equality to immigrant parents from a country where being gay is illegal. You have both citizenships. You marry someone of same sex in the Western country. Do they have the right to throw you in jail if you visit the other country while married? You visit alone, se you don't have homo sex within their borders.

Most Helpful Girl

• Different countries have different laws. I know that a friend of mine from the Philippines, who divorced in the US, is still considered married in the Philippines. If she were to have a sexual relationship back in the Philippines, she said she would risk being jailed for adultery in the Philippines. (Yes, there it is a jailable offense.)

• WTF? It ain't the Scarlet Letter, it's 2015

• Cheating is awful. Having sex with whoever you want, outside a relationship, is your business only. Those countries still live in ancient times

• I think most of the laws are talking about married women and men having sex outside their marriage. But be wary of the local laws.

What Guys Said 3

• Kinda hilarious to hear a combination of "developed" and "marriage equality". Made me crack :D
    Hilarious to hear when someone calls a cancer "developed" in a good way.

On topic: depends on a country.
    In my country such marriage just won't be acknowledged and you'll be considered to be unmarried. There's no law that would throw you in jail for your homosexual preferences.

In Middle East, however, it probably will be different. Then again, everything can be different over there.

• That first pharagraph. *sigh* you don't deserve an explanation. I just wish the worst for you. I hope you grow out of this someday.

• I think most of those laws are about homosexual acts rather than being homosexual.

• It matters which country you go to.

What Girls Said 2

• If you are married, it will appear in your passport. As long as the name is not indicative of the gender, they will not know in the other country. But I suppose they can put you in jail since you have that nationality. If that happens, I would contact the embassy of your western country immediately to get help.

• I'm not sure about putting you in jail just for the fact you're married, but maybe if you show it in public, like holding hands, kissing, they might arrest you or something for it

• No. You are in a gay marriage but you don't bring your spouse. Just the fact you're gay.