Social anxiety cure?

im Finding that my mind goes blank when i try to speak to people

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's try to address this, Spidey!
    Oh hey look Spider-Man! That's your answer, what does he do in the comics? He plays off that social anxiety with quips and some cute self depreciating humor! Learn from the master lol.
    I think it will help if you realize everyone is once in your shoes and that no matter how strange it might be for you breaking your shell no one else is going to notice.
    An excercuse I recommend, challenge yourself to chat with the cashier or the random dude in the street once a day!
    Good luck :)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• A lot of people get that just try and get comfortable when meeting new people then your confidence will increase

• Stop thinking and get out of your head. When looking someone in the face focus on one eye, they can't tell the difference. When you do this its easier to concentrate and shouldn't generate as much anxiety for you.

Really it comes down to the fact that anything you say isn't as bad as saying nothing at all.

• The only cure is to face your fear over and over until you're desensitized to it.

• Practice, practice, practice! :D