Do you think it's far more easier for women to become famous just for being "pretty" than for men?

I mean think about it, I see a lot of women on the TV media with little to no talent of most things whatsoever, somehow become famous because of how sexy/attractive they look. Even the so-called "attractive" women (who we're never that attractive to begin with but use make-up to give themelves fake beauty) like the Kardashians get fame partially for this.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• No way!!! Honestly I have no idea, but if you look at the last 10 years of "worlds hottest woman" they are all celebs and most of them are not even hot at all... I see much better looking NATURAL woman walk the streets daily who are 10x more smoking than some of these girls. I think you have to be good at what you do, but women in show biz typically sleep their way to the top, get naked when asked, take loads of drugs, get naked or more importantly get naked. Why else would miley cyrus or kim kardashian have a career?

• You need to come live in America to really see for yourself. Kim Kardashian was never a true actress to begin with. What got Kardashian famous was her sex tape and her deceased lawyer father who was sucessful of defended a notorious murderer (OJ Simpson). Kim didn't start her acting until after she got her fame and even then, her acting skills are complete shit.

• HAHAHAH did you read anything I said... Sorry but
      "but women in show biz typically sleep their way to the top, get naked when asked, take loads of drugs, get naked or more importantly get naked"

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's easier for women. But that actually just shows how society doesn't want a woman who makes a contribution or does something relevant. But instead just wants a pretty trophy wife.

• Yeah. It's pretty stupid. If you think about it, that's actually a huge slap in the face to other female celebrities with REAL talent in what they do, who actually had to work their way up for their status.

• But then again, this type of bullshit seems to only happen in the good ole US of A (giving undeserving women with no talent, fame just because they are attractive enough to them by their standards).

• And it shows that we don't really care what women say or think and that being hot is really all you need/should aspire for. I think people like the kardashians are a really bad idea to be sending to young girls

• Yes it's a lot easier for women in that scenario. But I mean what about Alex from Target? Right? I don't know

• LOL he was cute tho

• It's kinda stupid how Alex fro Target got famous. Someone had to take an unconsented photo of him. Had it been an unconsented photo of a teen girl, then all hell would break loose.

• That's true asker lol

• Definitely, many many female celebrities owe a lot of their success to their looks over talent.

• Is it the same in your soveign state/country (the UK) on talentless women getting fame just for their looks? This kind of bullcrap seems to only happen in America.

• Yes it's just as common.

• Yes of course

• Yes, the media bases a womans worth on her looks.

• Yes it is. That just shows us that women are valued based on their look and some people still try to deny it!

• It's stupid though because the majority of women only look so special with their looks because of make-up. Without them, most would just look like somewhere between average and slightly above average. Men absolutely have no such things to help us with looks nor do want them anyway.

• This is also one reason why we are judged more in terms of our look because there is a 'source' to help us to look good and if we still don't, we aren't the 'real' women. It's ridiculous I know and yes you are right about the make up thing. Most celebrities who are considered as hot by the society don't even look any closer to average without their make up.

• Yeah and besides, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder so all of us men and women have different standards of what we find physically attractive in men/women.

What Guys Said 8

• To a degree but on the flip side he is easier for an average man to become famous than an average woman.

• GIt's benefit more from looking hot.

Generally guys need to have something else IN ADDITION to looking good but for girls they can do fail well for themselves just based on looks.

• It's hard to say. There are a lot of attractive women on tv but if you look at their past they went to school for drama and acting and a lot have worked their way up. And those that don't have talent but they might have just rich families like Paris Hilton. Her looks alone wouldn't have gotten her to where she is. Most of her fame comes from the fact that she comes from a family of billionaires.

• Yeah probably

• Factually it cannot be denied.

• Politics says otherwise! :D

• Yeah I do most women on tv are airheads.

• I don't think there's much of a difference. You see girls go crazy over stupid, untalented male celebrities all the time just because they're apparently "hot". And while men have different tastes in women, most of these "hot guys" look pretty much the same. They could all be cousins. Women won't admit that they're at least as superficial as men are, but those celebrities definitely benefit from it.